Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Two coincidences.

Bit of light relief

First one:

My uncle moved to Warminster about five years ago. He's retired and one his hobbies is buying and selling postcards.

He rang me and asked about ebay. He'd seen an advert from someone who's location is "UK" selling some and wanted to know how he registered and made a bid.

Anyway he wins the auction and phones the seller to confirm payment and delivery.

My uncle gives the guy his address and is surprised to learn that the guy will do the postage for free and that he'll sort payment out later.

My uncle puts down the phone and then the doorbell rings. It's the seller who lives three doors away.

Second one :

When I was 21 my grandparents bought me a Signet ring. I wore it every day for around 15 years.

Then one day I noticed it was not on my finger. I'd lost it maybe that day, maybe the day before. I was gutted. Searched the house, searched the car, searched the road outside and the following day in work went everywhere I thought I might have been the day before. No sign of it anywhere. The site is huge so I eventully gave up.

A few years later my dad died and I was obviously a little upset. I went to bed in the evening and a thought flashed through my mind. If there was an afterlife what would I want my dad to do to show he was ok? (OK I know it's bollox but I was a tad mixed up) so I thought I want my Signet ring back. It had by this time been missing for about 6 years.

A week later I was in work sitting in a office about 300 metres from where I normally work.

One of the guys came in and asked if anybody had lost a ring. I paid no attention until I heard him say it's a signet ring. I went over to have a look and it was my ring. It had been found on the floor in one of the toilets.

My guess is that I took it off to wash my hands and forgot to pick it up. Then it was probably knocked onto the floor and has been sitting in a corner for six years. The timing was interesting though.

Anybody got any more?
    Last edited by Stevel; 17th February 2008 at 02:18. Reason: Postcards, not postcodes doh.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

spooky as hell. I dont want to go in to detail but was once in need of some good moral support and advice. I went to sleep one night and then proceeded to spend the whole night with my dead grandmother, it was actually a full day and night with her....lots of hidden messages. Subconcious at work or something else I do not know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

How do you buy or sell postcodes?? Aren't they allocated by the postal service and cannot be 'moved' around. Puzzled.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    How do you buy or sell postcodes?? Aren't they allocated by the postal service and cannot be 'moved' around. Puzzled.
    Jesus think I've been inhaling wheel cleaner again.

Thanks Ste. I meant Postcards. Now edited

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    I was about to ask the very same thing?, then I saw his post after yours. It still said postcodes when I entered this thread. I'm guessing he posted his reply to you first, then I entered the thread and then he went to edit his post.

EDIT: Yep! lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have a listing on ebay for 185+ postcards if he is interested:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MESE:IT&ih=012

coincidence ?? ??? ??? ??????

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
    I have a listing on ebay for 185+ postcards if he is interested:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MESE:IT&ih=012

coincidence ?? ??? ??? ??????

lol.

Combination of Preston and Oxfordshire...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I once picked up my old house phone, discovered there was no dial tone, said "hello...?", and on the other end was the bloke I was about to phone...

He'd phoned me at the same time and I'd picked it up the instant it had connected...

Thread Information