Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Autogearbox problem on my VX C LS 2.2

Hi, Im new in this thread, can anyone give me any advise, It started when my car forgets it had a 1st, 2nd,3rd, and 4th gear and always stays in fifth. When I engage it into manual, it only shift 2nd , and 5th. and the cruise control wont work. Then the control indicator with car and spanner lit together with the control indicator for the engine exhaust. I bought it to my local vauxhaull garaged (Marshalls) and said it needs a CIM replacement. When I got it back sure enough all the faults on the dash were gone except for the same gearbox problem. As soon as I started it everything is back to normal but as soon as I reach 1500 rpm or 30 mph it will jump automatically to 5th gear and stays there, when I shift it to manual, it only stays on 2nd and 5th. The car is still at the garage until today. It is there since dec. 28, 2007. I really love this car. Its an 02 plate LS 2.2 auto.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Design

Engine : CDTi 150

Year : 55

Quote Originally Posted by gjan View Post
    Hi, Im new in this thread, can anyone give me any advise, It started when my car forgets it had a 1st, 2nd,3rd, and 4th gear and always stays in fifth. When I engage it into manual, it only shift 2nd , and 5th. and the cruise control wont work. Then the control indicator with car and spanner lit together with the control indicator for the engine exhaust. I bought it to my local vauxhaull garaged (Marshalls) and said it needs a CIM replacement. When I got it back sure enough all the faults on the dash were gone except for the same gearbox problem. As soon as I started it everything is back to normal but as soon as I reach 1500 rpm or 30 mph it will jump automatically to 5th gear and stays there, when I shift it to manual, it only stays on 2nd and 5th. The car is still at the garage until today. It is there since dec. 28, 2007. I really love this car. Its an 02 plate LS 2.2 auto.
    I had the same problem with my 52 plate 2.2 Auto SXi - I got rid of the car but was informed that it was the internal contacts in the gearbox (not sure exactly what this is or how correct)

Im sure someone will come along with more advice

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks mate, just had a call from the garage today that they found out its the watercooler problem hence there is water in the transmission, And they said vauxhall already know this problem and they are sending there technicians to assess it. I know I have read a technical bulletin about the problem with the watercooler somewhere in this thread, I just had to find it or is there anyboby out there who can direct me to the site would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Thread Information