Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Question my dissertation

so the time has come to start my dissertation. have to november to complete it. as some of you will have read im going back to my old job at mcDonal ds and this is partially to do with my topic i have chosen, which is

"as 'healthy living' has been adopted by an increasing amount of the population, i will look at how it has affected the profits, marketing and brand of fast food chains, focusing on McDonalds as a Case."

so what do you guys think? its going to be alot of work but hopefully worth it. its meant to be 8000-12000 words and i reackon i will regreat the choice by the end. the title above is a rough one thats why its not worded so well but it is basically what i am doing

Combination of Preston and Oxfordshire...
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Nah, there's enough people who have their head screwed on enough to know that you can eat as many fast food meals as you want, as long as you're taking the exercise to balance it all out. Calories in vs calories out, that's all it is. Nothing wrong with eating the food you like, just in the right amounts...

Supersize Me...!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i yea i know, i worked there for almost 3 years eating a large amount of it but kind of had a balanced lifestyle, did some exersise etc and never really put on any weight, still only weigh 10 stone if that! still makes me laugh when people go for the biggest meals and then have a diet coke to try and balance it out.

im going to try and get an interview with the marketing manager to discuss the ways they have changed how they advertise. hasnt ast food advertising been baned for kids now?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

How about "The effect MacDonalds has on the contribution to global waste" They must prodcue shed loads of rubbish that ends up in ladfills across the globe.

I once wrote a dissertation for someone on the history of Animation - knew nothing about it but it earned me £150 and the lad did good with it. Just thinking what sort of Mod that £150 could buy me now.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Nope, I have diet cokes because I prefer the taste...

The fact that I'm a Fat B*stard has nothing to do with it.......

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

yea i know they are some that have diet coke beacuase of the taste, personally though i dont like it. quite alot of the stuff is recycled, all the packagin which is cardbord is recycled and most of the box's the food comes in is made from recycled products. a agree more could be done but i dont think its any more waste particually than say a pub chain would make as i work in one and i reakon its about the same

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

The amount of paper waste that McD's (and others) produce is a scandal IMO. Why do I need a bag with my Big Mac etc if I'm taking it out?? It has a working life of about 3.5 seconds, until I walk past the nearest bin to the till.

OK, some is recycled or uses recycled materials, but that's not the point. Recycling uses energy, has some waste products, uses resourses etc etc. Also, recycling facilities have a finite capacity, so that bag that was used for less than 5 seconds could have been something with a longer useful life, or not used at all and the products not wasted. Reduced usage has to be the best way if at all possible.

Anything in moderation, you wouldn't want / need to eat McD every day. But once or so a month isn't going to kill you.
    At the end of the day, it is stodge. It's not good food IMO. Yes, it's quick, convenient, filling for a while, and fairly low cost, BUT it really can't be considered as good food, can it?

I do eat McD's occasionally, but I don't eat the pathetic excuse for 'fries' or fizzy drinks. In fact I don't really drink fizzy drinks at all, most are so unhealthy and taste crap, why would I subject myself to them?

Personally, I think you need to re-evaluate the subject matter for your dissertation. A better one would be the impact of fast food (eg McDs) on the diet and eating habits of populations. IMO, they have a lot to answer for, almost brainwashing whole generations to think they can't survive without them. Where will we be in 10-15 years time when the youngsters of today are the parents of tomorrow?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ste - you need a chill pill dude......

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

Naw, completely chilled. Just have a strong view on fast food outlets.

How many people were obese before 'fast food' started up?? It kind of answers the big question itself really.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I really dont rate MacDonalds, I do eat them now and again if I take the kids there but for me its a chore just getting through the meal - not impressed these days. But its also fair to say that some outlets are better than others.

I used to repair photocopiers and was on the road all day so ate quite a few in those days so tried most MacDonalds from Newcastle to Hull. York retail park has one of the better ones

The waste is bad, paper bag was a good example, another one is the toys for kids that they unwrap and leave in the car becuase they arent worth playing with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information