Thread: 1.8 vvti clutch confusion

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by vecest View Post
    Mine had a new flywheel & clutch - apparently they change as a set in case of any contamination I think.
    Thanks Mark...I stand corrected on that

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I was talking to the guy along my street yesterday who has a 56 vec 1.8, noticed he had a courtesy last week, his service was due and when he took it in he mentioned about clutch judder and they changed it for him with no fuss, also found a couple of oil leakes and sorted them aswell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    I have the same problem when cold,its been 2 dealers 3 times,no fault found.Does anyone know what new parts were fitted? how many miles has your vectra done? does it get worse the older the car gets?thanks
    my signum has done 10,000 miles. I noticed it from the word go but thought, naively, that the clutch needed to bed in. Mine is definitely worse from cold, but not every day. It seems to be worse in traffic when you stop and start more frequently, also seems to be worse when it's raining, which doesn't make any sense really!!!!! problem is it doesn't do it all the time and sometimes the judder is very slight. Obviously because I drive it every day I'm used to the car and the dealerships technicians only have the opportunity of a short test drive. nonetheless I paid a lot of money for the car and it should perform like the executive hatchback as advertised by Vauxhall. Shame really because I really like this car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

confused

My Vectra's done 16'000 miles the clutch judder only happens now and again and from cold. E mailed Vauxhall's and I am waiting on an answer will let u know what's happening.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

my car has had the clutch recall as they call it 06 reg facelift 1.8vvti.mine was the first that the dealers had done and that was back in november.contact vx customer services and they will log your comment and tell you there is a parts backlog and then you will never get another response from them.i by chance went to my dealers and asked if vx had contacted them with my fault and they told me that they had a queue for the fix if i want added to it (evans halshaw/reg vardy) the clutch eventually got done after a couple of **** ups and my car on the ramps for 3 days. but to be honest it still does the judder occasionally and we have just put it down to poor build quality. hope this helps but just pester the life out them they would not let it go if you owed them money,you have gave them your money for an albeit substandard product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I've had my Vectra since May 07, I too intermittantly experienced clutch judder from a cold start. I reported at its first service but was told that although no fault was found, they did recognise this as problem - apparently due to the asbestos being removed they coat the lining with a chemical which is suppose to absorbe into the disc over the first few hundred miles, to give it the same friction qualities as the asbestos would have, but they have found that if the car has been driven hard during this 'running in period' (now there's a term you don' t see very often nowadays) the coating gets burned off and does not get absorbed, resulting in this clutch judder problem. Any way, since, i've been complaining of an oil leak , & using a different dealer, i've had the rear main crank seal done, i took the opportunity to complain of the judder again, the clutch and flywheel was replaced without question. i gleened from the dealer that this problem is inherent in 1.6/1.8 Astra & 1.8 Vectra.

Oh & after 6 months, 3 diff seals, a cv shaft, rear main etc. its still leaking so its back in next week having a new G/box, i wouldn't accept a recon which they tried to force on me as standard policy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Which dealer did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Misty Design View Post
    I've had my Vectra since May 07, I too intermittantly experienced clutch judder from a cold start. I reported at its first service but was told that although no fault was found, they did recognise this as problem - apparently due to the asbestos being removed they coat the lining with a chemical which is suppose to absorbe into the disc over the first few hundred miles, to give it the same friction qualities as the asbestos would have, but they have found that if the car has been driven hard during this 'running in period' (now there's a term you don' t see very often nowadays) the coating gets burned off and does not get absorbed, resulting in this clutch judder problem. Any way, since, i've been complaining of an oil leak , & using a different dealer, i've had the rear main crank seal done, i took the opportunity to complain of the judder again, the clutch and flywheel was replaced without question. i gleened from the dealer that this problem is inherent in 1.6/1.8 Astra & 1.8 Vectra.

Oh & after 6 months, 3 diff seals, a cv shaft, rear main etc. its still leaking so its back in next week having a new G/box, i wouldn't accept a recon which they tried to force on me as standard policy!
    Hi, can you tell me which dealer you used, I live in Derby and the local pentagon dealership is unhelpful to say the least. Would be worth the journey to get it sorted, Cheers Mike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

ah well, my local dealer was also as usefull as a chocolate mug too! I actually used Cresser Car Company in Redditch who are a strategic satelite dealer for Vauxhall, (bit of a trip to get to them but worth it)they have the delights of sorting many a problem car! I work for a lease company and through my role have dealt with Vauxhall & Cresser many times with these sorts of issues for our customers.
    I found that they listened to me, appreciated i knew what i was talking about, were accomodating to my needs and the door was never shut on the problems i had been experiencing.
    They even repainted my bonnet after a stone chip was picked up on test, that said, i'm not happy with the finish, in florescent/street lighting you can see the orbital sander (D A) marks under the laquer, so when it goes back for the new box, they're doing the bonnet again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information