Well, after the ecu firmware was downgraded I decided to take a little trip to milton keynes via sheffield....

I got as far as Bradford ( 11.30 am )tanking down the outside lane overtaking a lorry and guess what... LIMP mode!
I managed to get onto the hard shoulder without causing too much trouble. The car didnt reset itself this time so I called out the RAC. in the meantime decided to book it back into the dealers in Preston to sort it out one and for all!...
2 Hrs later and after being towed off the motorway by the POLICE! the rac arrived at which point the car had "reset" itself so the rac would not touch it!
I wanted them to take the car back to the dealers and arrange a hire car from bradford so I could continue my trip. bus as the car was "ok" in their mind, all they would do is follow me down the motorway for 20 miles and that was it!... I was fuming at this point!..
They followed me for a bit then I got as far as prestwich and guess what - LIMP mode!... waited a further hour for the "reset" to happen, which it did and carried on. Managed to get to Chorley this time and what a surprise it did it again...
I eventually got back to to the dealers in preston at 4PM! and not a happy bunny.

So its at the dealers again... and I'm running around in a spanking brand new mondeo ( which I must add is very very nice! )

I'll update this thread hopefully later today when I know what's wrong with the bl88dy thing!

Vx have a new computer thingy like tech 2 but costs a 10th of the price and guess what.. I can't ready the ecu in my siggy!