Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default crack of sparrows..

well, sat here talking to myself... been awake since 2am and not slept all nite...this bl00dy back is doin my head in...anyone know where i can get a new back??..
    ever heard the song, the drugs dont work by the verve.... well now i know what they mean..pain killers suck..tried every combination and type available..and none work!..
    go in hospital next week for an epidural.. just hope that helps for some of the pain...and sorts out my trapped nerve which is a right pain...hardly any feeling in my left foot and constantly cold as ice! the only thing that takes my mind off it is alcohol...and thats costing a bl00dy fortune!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Dwabo View Post
    well, sat here talking to myself... been awake since 2am and not slept all nite...this bl00dy back is doin my head in...anyone know where i can get a new back??..
    ever heard the song, the drugs dont work by the verve.... well now i know what they mean..pain killers suck..tried every combination and type available..and none work!..
    go in hospital next week for an epidural.. just hope that helps for some of the pain...and sorts out my trapped nerve which is a right pain...hardly any feeling in my left foot and constantly cold as ice! the only thing that takes my mind off it is alcohol...and thats costing a bl00dy fortune!!
    Sorry to hear about your back. I have had problems with my neck at times and it ****** hurts. Yes and Vodka helps at times

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Dwabo View Post
    Looks like we should have our mini meet! I haven't been to bed for the past 2 weeks-sleeping on the lounge floor (sleeping with the dog is the height of passion!). Am averaging 4 hours a day and with having worked nights for 3 1/2 years my body clock doesn't know where it is! Even Kestrel Super Strength not working! I just feel like I've got a red hot poker stuck up my spine between my shoulder blades! Nowhere near as bad as you though Martyn!

Btw i took your advise and washed the car-just got the polish out and it hasn't stopped raining since so will try today but I'm in absolute agony now! Cheers mate!!!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I know how you fell mate.
    I have 2 shattered disc's and I'm still waiting after 7 years for the operation to remove and replace them. They say it's the only way to go now. Touch wood "i just did" The pain has been very small the past year or so. Still get the soreness and the vertibrae locking up a lot but nothing like the pain i've had before. I've been in bed for 5 days bent double crying like a baby with it. Not being able to walk around a room stood upright. Not being able to take a pee for day's.
    I've had 4 epidural's. The first one did nothing but it seams i got a little better with each one.
    They epidural is just the name of the "needle in the spine" they will inject steroid's along with the small amount of painkiller. This is to strengthen the spinal cord and surrounding muscle. They have done the same operation 3 different ways with me. And i can tell you the leaning over the bed " like pregnant women do" way is by far the most painful way.
    Last one they did on me they thread a line inside the spine from the bottom " near bum" their is a hole in the centre of the spine top to bottom. All the way to the top near the neck and injected steroid's and a ink to see it on the x-ray monitor, and slowly pulled the line back making sure the whole spine was covered. That was not bad at all and i even watched it on the monitor's.
    The only painkiller that eases the pain for me is Co-codamol 2X500mg each 3hrs. I've tried the lot and nothing else even touches it.
    I would be very careful if your taking Ibuprofen long term. They rot your gut.
    We mate i hope i haven't scared you at all. Just want you to see how things will work out.
    I really hope they sort it out. Without having to wait many years like me.
    Don't let it get you down as things are always brighter tomorrow.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

its the bending over epidural i am having as its the very low discs that i have knackered...docs have said if it dont work this time, or help then they will refer me for surgery instead..because of the time i have had off work and the time so far that the discs havnt gone back in it is pointless to keep giving them to me..as it is unlikely now that they will go back in on their own.. hopefully they will just operate and get it over and done with...
    although i am getting full pay from work, as its a work related injury, i am losing out on a lot of cash from when i go away as i earn out of country bonuses etc due to the job i do..
    just been paid some compensation too..which to be honest is an insult, and doesnt cover the money I have lost through work for the past 7 months, so will be taking my case further and pursuing it legally...the military aftercare really does stink!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I know have you feel. I had a disc burst and my left foot was going numb.
    Luckily I was not in this country.

Eventually went the doc after weeks of recovering at the weekend just to go to work in the week.

Didn't have a scanner so injected dye in the spine and took xray to confirm the problem.

Two days later they operated with the "black & decker" whatever.

Back to work after 6 weeks and fine ever since.

Why this NHS can't do the same especially for a working head of a family I don't know.

To have to wait so long for a temperary fix to the problem is just not on.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I've only got pulled muscles in my back

I've only had it 2 weeks so far

Best of luck to you lads-this is bad enough!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

This may sound daft but rub olbas oil into your back. I've suffered for years and someone reccomended this to me, works a treat. Couldn't believe it.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thumbs up

I can vouch for both olbas oil as a rub, and co-codamol (shame they got rid of co-dydramol, much better!! )

Just go easy on the alco-pops when taking any co-whatever drugs....

Pulled muscle in lower back (three times now, hope its not the same muscle) made me walk like the hunchback of notre dam.
    Cheers,
    Bean

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats