Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Tuning Boxes

Tuning Boxes

In reply to a recent thread on tuning boxes and the question about performance gains I would like to bring to your attention the rolling road meeting featured in Total Vauxhall magazine Nov 2006. This was a purely diesel only rolling road test at Northampton Motor-sport where numerous Astra & Vectra models were tested.

The 1.9CDTiís all showed marked increases, with the top Astra achieving 201bhp @ 4100rpm 313 lb/ft running a DTUK CRD2 tuning box.

Slightly below that running a DTUK green box was another Astra 1.9CDTi with a figure of 196bhp @ 3823 304lb/ft

There was also an Astra T8 in attendance (remapped by triple 8 / Thurlby motors) which achieved 192bhp @ 3621rpm

Several Vectra Cís also took to the rollers and also a Signum with the Vectra 3.0CDTi achiving 219bhp@3500rpm and the Signum 218bhp@3907rpm.
    All tuned vectras were up on standard figures.

As you can see from the above figures tuning boxes DO make a marked improvement.
    I could tell you about my own experience / car but rather than do that Iíll include this link to customer testimonials i.e people who have tried tested and used a tuning box.
    http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/testimonials.php

I hope this helps clear up some of the recent queries / comments.

HTH
    Cyb

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Of course they make the CDTI more powerful, one only has to try a box for themselves to see. Did anyone ever say they don't make a difference?

I've taken mine off, because I don't think pushing the fuel pump beyond its original specification is a good idea anymore - in the long term.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Audi Q7

Trim : S-Line Plus 245

Engine : 3.0 TDV6

Year : 2013

Mileage : 3023

I dont think anyone has ever questioned that a box doesn't improve BHP or the way the car performs, its the way that a box does it is where the problems lay.. If your happy with running a tuning box then go for it..
    I've always remapped my cars and not had any problems with them, i did consider a Green DTUK box but my car has a DPF and i didnt want to take a risk with a brand new car!

On a Sabbatical
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Colin, have you actually read the threads on here mate? I don't remember anyone saying that the tuning boxes don't increase power? It's plainly obvious that they do. I think a few certain people have been winding you up and pointing you in the right (or wrong) direction dude.

I could add links from other tuning box manufacturers with excellent testimonials from satisfied customers / friends / forum members but I won't.
    Last edited by AJA; 1st February 2008 at 12:47.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

We did a RR last September and people were skeptic of the Caterman tuning box. http://forum.vectra-c.com/showthread.php?t=31263
    After seeing some of these results lots of chat about them soon occurred.
    Some of the results from a remap's were under question as well.

I'm happy with my little box of tricks. Until i get the BSR

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Blimey, haven't seen you on here for a while Colin! First post for over 18 months!
    Quote Originally Posted by AJA View Post
    Colin, have you actually read the threads on here mate? I don't remember anyone saying that the tuning boxes don't increase power? It's plainly obvious that they do. I think a few certain people have been winding you up and pointing you in the right (or wrong) direction dude.
    Basically
    Quote Originally Posted by AJA View Post
    I could add links from other tuning box manufacturers with excellent testimonials from satisfied customers / friends / forum members but I won't.
    Yep, not sure the reason for the link - it does come across a bit as a blatant plug for a mate's company. There are more then enough posts by people on here with boxes for people to know that they have a marked effect on performance.

Colin, I don't think anyone was questioning the performance gains of tuning boxes - there's no question that they increase the performance. You only have to look at people's results on here, and elsewhere, to see that - whether they're running a PowerKlick box, 'Caterman' box or any of the other ones out there. Guys on here have posted up significant gains with boxes, so nobody would be doubting that - so I'm a bit unsure of the relevance of the post, it's saying something that everyone knows. Any other debate going on was about tuning boxes vs remaps - a completely different thing.

It's obvious which other thread you're referring to - they were comments, by a couple of individuals, about the output of a particular Astra (Andrew's) and, I think, linked to something about him not wanting, supposedly, the results of a recent RR published. I don't know all the details, and TBH I'm not interested. But because of said individual's comments, we've had Andrew starting a whole 'anti Vectra-C.com' thread over on AON geeing people to come and sign up here to 'have a laugh'. If Andrew knows what his car outputs, then that's all that matters and if he's happy with it then great. If anyone doubts his figures, well that's their problem and Andrew should just ignore them.

Do you see me encouraging people to go over on AON to stir when there have been comments made against this forum, and me personally? - there have been a few believe me from what I've been told. No, I don't. I simply ignore them and get on with my life.

You'll even see I questioned the reason and relevance of a thread started up in the past that was aimed at Andrew's car, simply because there was no real need for it. Do take the time to read it all, especially my post at the bottom of page 1. So any 'accusations' that we allow 'anti-Andrew' or 'Andrew bashing' threads are somewhat ill-founded.

Andrew was banned from here, as you know, for a number of reasons - and then completely burnt his bridges for some further escapades (including signing up again several times with different names as well as trying to aggressively buy our domain name from Andy Suter, which the club then subsequently bought). A fair bit of time passed since then so, to me, all that was well in the past. I've never signed up to either of Andrew's forums, and never encouraged anyone to sign up to mess around or cause any agro - I've simply left Andrew alone to get on with whatever he does. We're never going to be best buddies, but I don't know why people just can't move on and stop dwelling in the past. Is it too much to ask?

D

On a Sabbatical
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

With that said it may to be to close the thread as it serves no purpose whatsoever.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yep, cant see the point of the thread, telling us what 99% of us already know that tuning boxes do increase power and torque output.

What he failed to mention was the higher risks associated with tuning boxes over remaps. If you are happy to potentially spend money fixing your fuel system when it goes wrong (pump, rail, injectors etc....) then go ahead and buy a tuning box.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by cyb View Post
    Tuning Boxes

In reply to a recent thread on tuning boxes and the question about performance gains I would like to bring to your attention the rolling road meeting featured in Total Vauxhall magazine Nov 2006. This was a purely diesel only rolling road test at Northampton Motor-sport where numerous Astra & Vectra models were tested.

The 1.9CDTiís all showed marked increases, with the top Astra achieving 201bhp @ 4100rpm 313 lb/ft running a DTUK CRD2 tuning box.

Slightly below that running a DTUK green box was another Astra 1.9CDTi with a figure of 196bhp @ 3823 304lb/ft

There was also an Astra T8 in attendance (remapped by triple 8 / Thurlby motors) which achieved 192bhp @ 3621rpm

Several Vectra Cís also took to the rollers and also a Signum with the Vectra 3.0CDTi achiving 219bhp@3500rpm and the Signum 218bhp@3907rpm.
    All tuned vectras were up on standard figures.

As you can see from the above figures tuning boxes DO make a marked improvement.
    I could tell you about my own experience / car but rather than do that Iíll include this link to customer testimonials i.e people who have tried tested and used a tuning box.
    http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/testimonials.php

I hope this helps clear up some of the recent queries / comments.

HTH
    Cyb

You cant read mate.

The question was all down to RELIABILTY!!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I am somewhat puzzled by all this, I have my own thoughts about tuning box's, I don't really like them because of the crude way they increase epower.

But each person is entitled to go with what ever tuning method they feel is right for them.

I hope this thread has not been a deliberate atempt to stir up trouble.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information