User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: It won't STOP!!!! (test number...oh who cares, I was playing again)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : very

Engine : Z19DTH

Year : Nosey

Default It won't STOP!!!! (test number...oh who cares, I was playing again)

I had a little misshap with the Butane, I set up a better system to keep it liquid until the injection point and get max cooling down... Unfortunatly, I took my foot off without turning off the Butane (only me in car) and the demand for air fell. The Butane didn't pay attention to this though and casually kept filling my intake and two intercoolers with a nice cold Butane/Propane/air mix. As the revs fell off the ECU obviously cut the fueling because the engine was running down under inertia. When it got down around 900rpm though, it tried to sustain idle speed. The little bit of fuel it put in to keep the engine turning over ignited the rich mix in the cylinder and reved the engine to 4500rpm before it droped off and repeated a few times...

So I'm quite happy that the injection process works, even without any diesel (not the plan though) now I need to rig up a solenoid valve to control the gas in the same way as the water/methanol. Fortunatly I have a solenoid from when I was making a dump valve. So I'll rig that up tonight and should have it for Friday, when I go down to Chris' magic Rolling Road. I'm hoping for about 270bhp!! Then We'll recalcualte them back down I am hoping for more than 230 this time though as it will be injected in a larger quantity and straight into the airflow before the turbo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

When it got down around 900rpm though, it tried to sustain idle speed. The little bit of fuel it put in to keep the engine turning over ignited the rich mix in the cylinder and reved the engine to 4500rpm before it droped off and repeated a few times...

Between you and spoons I dont know who has lost the plot the most!!! the above line done it for me lol loads.

Keep up the good work a highly amused Mushy

Thread Information