User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Help-Antiroll bar bushes fitting.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have a 2.2DTI with 109 on the clock i have just changed rear shocks which has improved the ride but still a clattering from the rear i am going to change the antiroll bushes next can anyone tell me what to do next if that does not work
    cheers nowrapedro

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by nowrapedro View Post
    I have a 2.2DTI with 109 on the clock i have just changed rear shocks which has improved the ride but still a clattering from the rear i am going to change the antiroll bushes next can anyone tell me what to do next if that does not work
    cheers nowrapedro
    If it's not rear anti-roll bar bushes then it will be the rear upper control arms.......at a guess.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by damian s View Post
    If it's not rear anti-roll bar bushes then it will be the rear upper control arms.......at a guess.
    The anti-roll bar link arms wear as well. Check these and the anti-roll bar bushes and perhaps replace one or both of these first based on their condition.

The reason I say this is that both of these can be changed relatively quickly at the same time and because they are a quicker and cheaper job than the rear upper control arms. You can then replace the arms if you've still got the noise and/or if you find excessive movement in the arms.

I've replaced my shocks, anti-roll bar link arms, and upper control arms - and now the rear of the car has just developed a clicking/cracking noise as the suspension moves so I'm assuming (and hoping) that it's the anti-roll bar bushes - because there's nothing else left to replace!

4. Thanks ianwat23 thanked for this post
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Sri 120 navi

Trim : Sri

Engine : 1.9 cdti 120 bhp

Year : 2006

Mileage : 38550

But if a thread rival. I’m currently doing my front arbs now and have hit a massive problem. My bushes are in two parts the old ones wouldn’t come away from the anti roll bar until I used a massive hammer and chisel to loosen them off( not before slicing into my hand and thumb).
    I now have arbs off the anti roll bar now and I cannot get the new bushes to push into the u bracket as they appear to be too big. My ref number is ku06 mgb and Vauxhall claimed my part numbers were 13204070 and 13204071 which are 24mm I quickly measured my roll bar and it looks as tho it is just over 25mm. Do I have the correct parts as Vauxhall’s swear they are 100% correct. I have checked the old bushes and there are no part numbers anywhere on them. I think my only option now is to drop the subframe so I can fit the roll bar direct to it on the floor as I see no way I can do it now.
    1.9cdti 120/190 @littleteapot remap with sports button. F40 gearbox conversion,UHP4,aux in mod. Auto headlights wipers, auto Tint rear view,door mirrors,Rear interior light,Cool Glove box,lock conversion for flip key,De-locked,6000 HID's,vxr grille,19" alloys and boot spoiler,signing chrome fog lights,rear electric window conversion with auto close.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

But if a thread rival. I’m currently doing my front arbs now and have hit a massive problem. My bushes are in two parts the old ones wouldn’t come away from the anti roll bar until I used a massive hammer and chisel to loosen them off( not before slicing into my hand and thumb).
    I now have arbs off the anti roll bar now and I cannot get the new bushes to push into the u bracket as they appear to be too big. My ref number is ku06 mgb and Vauxhall claimed my part numbers were 13204070 and 13204071 which are 24mm I quickly measured my roll bar and it looks as tho it is just over 25mm. Do I have the correct parts as Vauxhall’s swear they are 100% correct. I have checked the old bushes and there are no part numbers anywhere on them. I think my only option now is to drop the subframe so I can fit the roll bar direct to it on the floor as I see no way I can do it now.
    1.9cdti 120/190 @littleteapot remap with sports button. F40 gearbox conversion,UHP4,aux in mod. Auto headlights wipers, auto Tint rear view,door mirrors,Rear interior light,Cool Glove box,lock conversion for flip key,De-locked,6000 HID's,vxr grille,19" alloys and boot spoiler,signing chrome fog lights,rear electric window conversion with auto close.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Your parts are correct for a facelift, the sway bars are 24mm, 24,2mm or 25,2mm but the bush is the same for all 3 sizes.
    Use some silicone grease and insert 1 of the bolt lightly and insert the clamp. Use a quick change bar clamp to press on top of the clamp and underside of subframe. Then insert second bolt.

8. Thanks ianwat23 thanked for this post
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by sulten View Post
    Your parts are correct for a facelift, the sway bars are 24mm, 24,2mm or 25,2mm but the bush is the same for all 3 sizes.
    Use some silicone grease and insert 1 of the bolt lightly and insert the clamp. Use a quick change bar clamp to press on top of the clamp and underside of subframe. Then insert second bolt.
    I did as you suggested and I got the roll bar back onto my car now.
    Inly problem I have now is the anti roll bar appears to move up and down too easy, it’s not the bushes worn they are tight as they are supposed to be. The issue I have is I can hold onto one end and it rotates inside the new bushes, is this normal??

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I fitted Powerflex and bar did rotate easy so guess it's normal.
    Kristian
    68 Diplomat-A 46S
    95 Vectra-A C20NE
    07 Vectra-C Z19DTH

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by sulten View Post
    I fitted Powerflex and bar did rotate easy so guess it's normal.
    hi again I had the car up in the air today and checked the roll bar again and it was stiffer to move, it appears with use the silicone has either dried up or has been worn off. The knocking noise turned out to be my adjustable drop links being too small and about as useful as tits on a fish, causing the bar to hit the bodywork where the anti roll bar mounts to the drop link. Does anyone know of an adjustable drop link kit that will fit properly???
    ian

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Best

Engine : 2.0T

Year : 2008

Why do you need the droplinks to be adjustable?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information