Hi, im new but have been reading this site for a while trying to sort my Vectra out, all very helpfull tips and im finally getting there.
Problems were as follows:-
Stalling coming upto junctions/lights etc.
1) Cleaned out TB and cleared 1mm pipe on the underside of TB.
2) Replaced idle air valve.
3) Replaced various worn/cracked pipes connecting to TB and engine. (air pipes, not water pipes)
4) Checked plugs all ok.
5) Checked all liquids and are all ok.
6) Cleaned out crap from the black box that sits on top of engine (i think it goes to the purge valve? there was ALOT of crap in there)
7) cleaned air filter / and filter thats in the round box near battery. (not sure what this is but works when engine is cold and goes off as engine warms up)
8) checked MF and all looks clean and clear.
9) reset ECU by removing leads from battery and leaving for 1hr.
problems were solved for about what felt like half a mile, but the following problems still occour.
1) Still stalls but less frequently, tends to stall while stationary.
2) when approaching junctions with cluch in idles at about 1200 rpm, once stationary comes down to 800 (ish) rpm and is perfect. needle stays constant without a glich.
3) Orange engine light is 95% of the time on. when its not on car drives perfect but will without warning judder, as if its missfiring, stall and once re-started (at 50mph once) will work but with the light on!.
im at a total loss now what to do next? are the following cheep replacement from a breakers worth trying?
1) purge valve
2) air flow sensor
3) coil pack
any help would be greatley appreciated. PS im on the tightest of buget as just had a baby (so you can imagine my fear when car is stalling at 50mph!!!)
thanks for any help it will be very much appreciated.