Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Edition 100

Engine : 2.0T

Year : 04

Default Buying a car out of town?

Having scouring a few ads for a Signum, its more than likely ill have to go out of town for one unless its from VX who can have it delivered to their grounds.

My question is, How would i go about the waranty if something needs doing? If i buy a car 200 miles away, surely i dont have to take it back to them?

Is there someone who has been in this situation before who can tell me what happens?

Many thanks

Cheech

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra vxr

Trim : vxr

Engine : 2.8 v6 turbo

Year : 2008

Mileage : 31000

hi mate ive a local vx dealer 2 miles from my house but i got my vec 60 miles away at vx dealer in stirling. but i get any work done on my vec at my local vx dealer luckly not had to use my warranty on any of my vx cars ive had yet but i have a form which i signed when i bought my vec and it states it is possible to have repairs carried out under warranty by another vx retailer however approval must be obtained from the garage i bought the car from (ie ian grieve stirling ) hope this help

davie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sorry i meant to say from a non vx dealer i.e Carcraft (just for names sake)

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If the car is under a Vx warranty, then any Vx dealer can do the work and you won't pay for it. It doesn't have to go back to the supplying dealer. I didn't buy mine from my local dealer, but they've done warranty work on it. Didn't need to sign any forms or anything.

If you buy a car from a Vx dealer, and it has a Network Q warranty, then any VX dealer can do Network Q warranty work, but they need to contact the supplying dealer/Network Q (can't recall which) to authorise the work. If the non-supplying dealer can't find any fault, you'll pay an inspection fee, which you wouldn't at the supplying dealer.

D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I bought my CDTi Estate from a non-vxl dealer.
    I just take it to local dealer,no questions asked and no problems so far (been in twice to sort out brake light circuit fault - switch replaced under warranty)

The only advice I`d say is go over it with a tooth comb and the slightest thing your unhappy with get them to write it down to be sorted before you pick it up,if they haven`t they`ll have to sort it out F.O.C.

For example on mine-

I test drove it and said in short `the brakes are appaling some up there,not buying it.`
    `Oh no sir,we`ll sort them out and if required replace them`
    `with genuine vxl stuff,i say`
    `yes sir,
    i get them to write down on order form about brakes
    Pick it up and drive home.Brakes are slightly better,was told just needed cleaning by dealer,i think theere rubbish still.
    Put it into VXL and get them to check brakes and do oil change etc.
    Phone call from VXL - `the brakes are rotten through,require replacing.£540 notes`
    `Woah` I say `what about warranty`
    `sorry sir,corrosion/wear and tear.(Found out been sat at depot for 2-3 months).Vxl won`t authorise it.You`ll have to pay
    Phone up dealer where bought it from,tell them what VXL said and what was agreed when I said I`d buy it.
    Reply =
    `Right sir when can we have it in`
    Replaced all brakes incl pads front and rear - with VXL stuff cos made them show me invoice from there supplier another VXL dealer.

So yes no problem with most warranty stuff.Just make sure any fault found,you get them to write it down.

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Bainie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I bought my car 200 miles from home, Wouldn`t do it again, true VX have to do warranty work from any dealer, but as soon as you tell them the Reg number and they realise they didn`t sell you the car, then it`s a good old, of to the end of the queue for you. It is in my experience anyway. The locking wheelnut key didn`t match the car, the garage I bought the car from said pop in with it and we will have a look, not likely I said you know I am in Aberdeen, after a few calls they eventually agreed to pay for getting them removed and a new key .

I have found that the dealer does do work on my car but grudgingly, I would reccomend getting something close to home, your closest dealer should be able to get you what you want on Network Q by searching on their PC .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Doesn`t it show peoples opinions on dealers and how your treated by them.
    I bought my works Mondeo from same place,again,that had warranty stuff done,with absolutly no problems what so ever,on whether they sold it me etc.As long as full service history main dealer or not,still no problem.

Personal descion at end of day as peoples experience`s can vary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for replying peeps, Ill probably got to vx to get one then, as they can get a car sent to them from the depot or another dealer if they dont have what i want.

Thanks all for the help

Cheech

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Bainie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by installer
    Doesn`t it show peoples opinions on dealers and how your treated by them.

Personal descion at end of day as peoples experience`s can vary.

That sums it up completely mate, just all hinges on how good our dealer is. Before I got the Veccie I had an MG bought from Reg Vardy who get stick from everyone ... My Reg Vardy was the most helpful dealer I have ever seen, nothing was too much hassle and all warranty work was done quickly without any argumants, and they also worked round my work getting me a courtesy car everytime as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Bought my last three 'nearly new' Vectras sight unseen from Harrogate - 200 miles away. Saw them listed on the web site, agreed a deal on the phone and the cars were then delivered when promised. My local Vx main dealer has no issue in dealing with any servicing/warranty work (although I've needed very little). That's supposed to be the whole point of a national network of Vx dealers. It probably depends on how big your local dealer is - large impersonal dealerships won't care where you bought the car.

Thread Information