User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Car Insurance, boy does it pay to phone around!

  1. #1
    Regular Member sonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Away with the fairies.
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default Car Insurance, boy does it pay to phone around!

    Got my renewal through yesterday for my Vectra & Astra.
    Admiral multi-car policy - Renewal cost £643.52.

    I have rung around today and re-insured the Vectra with Swinton and the Astra with Endsleigh

    Total cost of the new policies.....£410.08

    I phoned Admiral and the best they could get to was £578.17.

    So anyway that's a saving of £233.44.....

  2. #2
    Regular Member silverhairedracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    ESSEX
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Do not forget to do it through Quidco and get cash back!!,I forgot to and lost out on £75.00 cash back

  3. #3
    Regular Member scottyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    paisley
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    what is quidco sorry for my inorance

  4. #4
    Regular Member deanos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    UK
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Insignia

    Trim : SRi

    Engine : 2.0

    Year : 2011

    Default

    www.quidco.co.uk

    You can make quite a few hundred quid over a year in cashback

  5. #5
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Golf 7

    Trim : GTD

    Engine : 2.0 TDI 184PS

    Year : 2014

    Mileage : 40000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sonic View Post
    Got my renewal through yesterday for my Vectra & Astra.
    Admiral multi-car policy - Renewal cost £643.52.

    I have rung around today and re-insured the Vectra with Swinton and the Astra with Endsleigh

    Total cost of the new policies.....£410.08

    I phoned Admiral and the best they could get to was £578.17.

    So anyway that's a saving of £233.44.....
    Bell sent my renewal through 3 weeks ago, £606, I phoned them up after going through Confused.com, and found Elephant were £516, albeit no breakdown cover but i went through the AA - cheaper, any way Bell gave me a quote of £534 - £18 extra for personal injury so i took it.

    Yip pays to shop around.

    Gazza4

  6. #6
    Regular Member silverhairedracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    ESSEX
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scottyd View Post
    what is quidco sorry for my inorance
    Sorry I should have been more specific

  7. #7
    Regular Member scottyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    paisley
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    thanks for that info also daft typo meant ignorance

  8. #8
    Regular Member Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Stevenage
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza4 View Post
    Bell sent my renewal through 3 weeks ago, £606, I phoned them up after going through Confused.com, and found Elephant were £516, albeit no breakdown cover but i went through the AA - cheaper, any way Bell gave me a quote of £534 - £18 extra for personal injury so i took it.

    Yip pays to shop around.

    Gazza4

    Bell and Elephant are part of the same company. I used to be with Bell until i started my new job recently, which means i get a discount with another insurance company. I phoned bell to cancel and it cost me £95 to cancel my policy with them. even after paying this with my discount it was still cheaper and the extra special customer service i now get means yeah i agree it does pay to shop around

  9. #9
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Golf 7

    Trim : GTD

    Engine : 2.0 TDI 184PS

    Year : 2014

    Mileage : 40000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Bell and Elephant are part of the same company. I used to be with Bell until i started my new job recently, which means i get a discount with another insurance company. I phoned bell to cancel and it cost me £95 to cancel my policy with them. even after paying this with my discount it was still cheaper and the extra special customer service i now get means yeah i agree it does pay to shop around
    I know LOL they took reference number for the Elephant quote and thats how my quote became cheaper.

    Gazza4

  10. #10
    Regular Member poves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    lancashire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Hi guys , all they do is rely on you being lazy and not shopping around at renewal time , I was with norwich union direct until recently and all they do is send all your new docs a week b4 you run out of cover .They put a note in saying do nothing at all and your direct debit's will continue rolling on , the amount of people who don't shop around must greatly outnumber the few who see through there scam and change companies , lol. by the by norwich union wanted £1280 fully comp on a vectra 3.2 v6 elite , I went on money supermarket and got the same level of cover with protected no claims and a lower excess for ........£570 with e-sure , lol ... SO SHOP AROUND FOR DEFS!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. PremierPlan mobile phone insurance
    By suj786 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 24th February 2012, 14:31
  2. Online travel insurance with chris knott insurance - instant quotes!
    By ChrisKnottInsurance in forum Insurance Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15th March 2011, 12:16
  3. Online travel insurance with chris knott insurance - instant quotes!
    By ChrisKnottInsurance in forum Insurance Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 6th May 2010, 12:43
  4. mobile phone insurance
    By mattmk6 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 17th January 2010, 10:01
  5. Mobile Phone Insurance
    By gsxrster in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 28th February 2008, 22:28

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •