User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Difference Between Exclusiv and Life?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Difference Between Exclusiv and Life?

Hi all, was just browsing some of the spec of the facelift C as its possibly going to be a replacement for the prefacelift we currently have, and chances are we wont be getting either of the models in my topic header, but whilst viewing the specs, couldnt help noticing the Life has a brand new price of £16,500 while the Exclusiv is £15,100

both for the 1.8 VVT 5 door hatch, just wondering what the Life has that the Exclusiv doesnt, have had a look around various sites and on dealers sites etc. and only things that I can come up with actual give the impression the Exclusiv has more spec than the Life yet being cheaper.

inside they look identical, all have the features standard across the entire Vectra range, plus stuff that the prefacelift Life had that a lot of prefacelift special editions didnt have: steering wheel mounted stereo controls, 12v accessory socket, front armrest, plus the exclusiv looks like it has the roller cover over the can holder and aluminium dial rings, nicer seat trim, and on the outside clear side reps and tail lights, colour coded door handles, chrome window trims, where the Life doesnt.

just wondering if any of you could unconfuse me and shed some light on what exactly I'd get extra in terms of specon the Life but not the exclusiv to make it cost the extra 1400quid on the Life model?

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Bainie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The exclusive looks like a better deal, it has the alloy look wheels as well, maybe it`s a special edition and gets some more kit ??

I see you can get a life saloon, have`nt seen a facelift saloon yet ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

You're right, the exclusiv is the better specced of the 2 as I think it's a special edition.

They had brand new 1.8 exclusives at my local dealers for £9999 with metallic paint a while back but I don't know if the deal is still current.

Also, if you look at the difference in spec between the signum elegance and exclusiv You get 18'' multispoke wheels, tinted windows, sports suspension and roof rails for £1400 less.

If you buy an exclusiv, you really are getting a cracking deal for the amount of extra kit you get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Grand Sport

Trim : SRI VX-LINE NAV

Engine : 1.5T (165)

Year : 2018

Mileage : 37000

From the 2008 Vectra/Signum brochure differences (Exclusiv over Life) (Vectra)are:

1. Charcoal metallic/aluminium-effect inserts on fascia and doors
    2. Front map reading lights
    3. Two rear reading lights
    4. Illuminated vanity mirrors
    5. Rear seat drinks holder
    6. 16-inch 'Structure wheels (steelies with alloy-lookalike wheeltrims)
    7. Chrome-effect window trim
    8. Body-colour door handles
    9. Body-colour sports front air dam
    10. Two-tone horn
    11. Clear rear indicators and white side-repeaters

Exclusiv is the value trim much better value than Life, but with same limited engine range (1.8VVT and CDTI 1.9 (120/150))

Also available an option pack with 17" alloys, uprated stereo (CDC40) with DAB radio and Mp3-compatible CD multichanger and front fog lights.

HTH
    Last edited by john_k_sri; 26th January 2008 at 21:15. Reason: addition

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Mines the Exclusiv (vectra). It's not a special edition as such in that it's been part of the range since the face lift was introduced. I think it's positioned in the line up as a kinda value for money thing.

The Signum Exclusiv is very well equipped. Much better than the Veccy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Stevel View Post
    The Signum Exclusiv is very well equipped. Much better than the Veccy.
    And they represent even greater value for money on the used market.

I was just going to post a link to a signum exclusive that I saw at the car people in Wakefield a couple of days ago but it's not on the website anymore so it must have sold.

It was a 2007 '07' 1.8 exclusive, arounrd 18,000 miles iirc, sapphire black and it had a full irmscher bodykit on it (apart from the exhausts). Screen price........£8999

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I think the Life is (now*) mainly targeted at the fleet market whereas the Exclusiv is aimed at the private buyer. There's no reason why you would buy a new Life with your own money: it's got less spec than the Exclusiv but costs more.

*I say now, because pre-facelift, the LS was the fleet model and the Life was the equivalent of the Exclusiv.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Exclusiv is to Life as Club was to LS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Grand Sport

Trim : SRI VX-LINE NAV

Engine : 1.5T (165)

Year : 2018

Mileage : 37000

Quote Originally Posted by SJG View Post
    I think the Life is (now*) mainly targeted at the fleet market whereas the Exclusiv is aimed at the private buyer. There's no reason why you would buy a Life with your own money: it's got less spec than the Exclusiv but costs more.

*I say now, because pre-facelift, the LS was the fleet model and the Life was the equivalent of the Exclusiv.
    Not quite, Life replaced LS, as Design replaced Elegance. (in 2004 IIRC) I was told that the trim names (on the Vectra) were changed to bring them into line with those on other models, such as the Astra and Corsa.

The cheapest trim level on the pre-facelift was 'Expression' which was less well equipped than the LS, but the LS had a bigger engine range which included the 2.2 DTI and the 2.2 petrol, as well as the 2.0DTI and 1.8 petrol which were offered in the Expression.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by john_k_sri View Post
    Not quite, Life replaced LS, as Design replaced Elegance. (in 2004 IIRC) I was told that the trim names (on the Vectra) were changed to bring them into line with those on other models, such as the Astra and Corsa.

The cheapest trim level on the pre-facelift was 'Expression' which was less well equipped than the LS, but the LS had a bigger engine range which included the 2.2 DTI and the 2.2 petrol, as well as the 2.0DTI and 1.8 petrol which were offered in the Expression.
    I had a pre-facelift (2005) Life and still have the brochure. At that time, the LS was still available, had less spec. than the Life but cost more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information