User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: CD70 Bluetooth (Factory Fit) - Microphone problem ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default CD70 Bluetooth (Factory Fit) - Microphone problem ?

Hi,

I'm having a problem with the factory fit bluetooth. Lots of people I call complain that the quality of the call is poor. The quality of their voice inside the car through the speakers is however excellent.

This suggests that maybe the microphone is at fault. Anyone else have this problem ? Is the microphone located next to the reading lights ?

Would the problem be solved if I were to use a dedicated cradle with the aerial connection. If that were the case why is the speech into the car excellent as I am still using the blueotooth connection.

Finally if I used a dedicated cradle for say my own personal phone and not use the bluetooth connection, could I use the bluetooth connection to connect say my work phone. 2 phones connected at the same time to receive calls but I appreciate I would have to select a primary phone for calls out.

Thanks

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Opel Insignia

Trim : Cosmo

Engine : 2.0 CDTI

Year : 2011

The mic is located behind the panel between the windscreen and the interior lights.

The quality of the call is less good when driving at higher speeds, which is normal because there is no external aerial when using bluetooth; this can be solved by using the cradle (and the connected aerial)... if a cradle is available for your phone.

However, a software update for the UHP from march 2007 improved the sound quality a lot on mine (don't know if your car was build before that date).

And no, you cannot connect 2 phones at the same time. But, in your example, you could disable bluetooth for your primary phone, so that when you take it out of his cradle, you are able to take the call on your secundary phone via the bluetooth connection

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Poor audio

Hello Please...

Ive known several cases, where this has been reported...
    In every case the mirco-phone has been replaced, with a first time fix...
    Please note the is a software down load available from the VX stealers...
    There is no reason why is cannot be done under warranty conditions.
    Ask your stealer to perform an "SPS flash program to your UHP module".
    There no reason why you carnt wait for this opertion - it will beifit you as the results will improve the quality of the UHP function.

Field Remedy: 2206

Subject:UHP (Universel Handsfree Phone) Control Unit UWA / UWB - Update - The display shows "Phone Save"Models:Engines:Option:Astra-H 2006...,Vectra-C 2006...,Signum 2006...,Zafira-B 2006...,Corsa-D 2007...,Meriva 2006...All,All,All,All,All,Allwith UWA/UWBComplaint:After the SPS programming of the UHP control unit the display shows "Phone Save".Cause:After the SPS programming of the UHP the complete configuration of the control unit gets lost.Production:
    Remedy:

In case of complaint the UHP control unit has to be reprogrammed with the TECH 2 Application "Program ECU" under usage of input MY 2007 or later. The troublecodes have to be deleted afterwards.Remarks: - To perform the SPS programming of the UHP control unit the TIS 2000-DVD, version 81 or a later version has to be used at least.- Expected download time is approximately 23 min.
    - If the system does not work properly concerning ingoing and outgoing calls afterwards,the SPS programming procedure and the further steps have to be performed again.- A software update for model Antara is currently not available.
    Functional Group:N - Electrical EquipmentComplaint Group:13 - No/Poor FunctionTrouble Code:None

Good Luck..

Quote Originally Posted by mickyd98 View Post
    Hi,

I'm having a problem with the factory fit bluetooth. Lots of people I call complain that the quality of the call is poor. The quality of their voice inside the car through the speakers is however excellent.

This suggests that maybe the microphone is at fault. Anyone else have this problem ? Is the microphone located next to the reading lights ?

Would the problem be solved if I were to use a dedicated cradle with the aerial connection. If that were the case why is the speech into the car excellent as I am still using the blueotooth connection.

Finally if I used a dedicated cradle for say my own personal phone and not use the bluetooth connection, could I use the bluetooth connection to connect say my work phone. 2 phones connected at the same time to receive calls but I appreciate I would have to select a primary phone for calls out.

Thanks

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for the reply. I had the firmware upgraded and this fixed the quality issue. People even remarked on how clear the quality was. I had a further problem in thay my nokia 6233 wasn't listing all entries via the cradle (It would via bluetooth !!). The tech advised that a further upgrade was available. He performed this but it didn't fix the call list problem. The outgoing voice quality has now returned to poor...to the point where it is pretty unuseable. I'll print off your reply and take to dealer !

Thanks

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

cd 70 has phone bluetooth?

Is this on all models?

mine doesn't.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by cbee101 View Post
    cd 70 has phone bluetooth?

Is this on all models?

mine doesn't.
    Factory fit option at around £300.

Andyl has just retro fitted it into his Signum though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

ahh..ok..thought I was going mad.

would have been very annoyed..just paid £280 for a sony ericsson kit...lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Astra j sports tourer

Trim : elite

Engine : 1.6 cdti

Year : 2015

Quote Originally Posted by cbee101 View Post
    ahh..ok..thought I was going mad.

would have been very annoyed..just paid £280 for a sony ericsson kit...lol

i cud of fitted the factory bluetooth for that

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by andy.l View Post
    i cud of fitted the factory bluetooth for that
    Don't tell me that!!...lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi there i am new to this site, just took delivery of a VXR 280 got the cd70 bluetooth for my phone as factory fitted, but is there a way i can configure the display when a call comes in that i know who it is as every call that comes in says unknown, I have enquired about the cradle but it is not available for the Nokia N95 8gb at the min
    thanks

Thread Information