User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Another VXRD thread......

  1. #1
    spoons
    Guest

    Eek Another VXRD thread......

    .... and probably the very last one....

    I went out this evening to get some DIESEL.. must remember to put DIESEL in this one...

    Anyways.... earlier today I refitted the standard airfilter (Vauxhall standard issue) and removed the K&N Airfilter as the car is almost back to standard except the engine performance upgrades.

    On the way home, I noticed a definite lack of power, it was weird as I first passed it off as jumping out of the VXR it would feel less powerful.

    So I drove the 'long' way home and it definitely has less power and I reckon its down to the airfilter change.... as nothing else has been changed. My god, it was slight, but noticeable. Even the induction sounds different !!

    These K&N Filters certainly made a difference to this car.

    I must get one for the VXR now as well me thinks....

  2. #2
    Regular Member Stuarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    I agree with the K&N panel filter in my diesel it defo goes better and makes a slightly better noise

  3. #3
    Regular Member VectraV6CDTi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wilts
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spoons View Post
    .... and probably the very last one....

    I went out this evening to get some DIESEL.. must remember to put DIESEL in this one...

    Anyways.... earlier today I refitted the standard airfilter (Vauxhall standard issue) and removed the K&N Airfilter as the car is almost back to standard except the engine performance upgrades.

    On the way home, I noticed a definite lack of power, it was weird as I first passed it off as jumping out of the VXR it would feel less powerful.

    So I drove the 'long' way home and it definitely has less power and I reckon its down to the airfilter change.... as nothing else has been changed. My god, it was slight, but noticeable. Even the induction sounds different !!

    These K&N Filters certainly made a difference to this car.

    I must get one for the VXR now as well me thinks....
    As a test put the K&N back in a see if its back to how it was (if you can be bothered )

  4. #4
    Regular Member mark1319's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tyneside
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Just MO, but I wouldn't use one due to all the crap they let through.

  5. #5
    spoons
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mark1319 View Post
    Just MO, but I wouldn't use one due to all the crap they let through.
    What crap ? (genuine question)

    Also, does anyone know the K&N part code for the Vectra VXR ?

    Quote Originally Posted by VectraV6CDTi View Post
    As a test put the K&N back in a see if its back to how it was (if you can be bothered )
    Ohhhh..... Andy, I dont know if I can be arsed...

  6. #6
    Regular Member mark1319's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tyneside
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spoons View Post
    What crap ? (genuine question)
    To let more air through it filters less of the dirt out which then goes into your engine, turbo etc. Extra wear and tear.

  7. #7
    Regular Member VectraV6CDTi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wilts
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mark1319 View Post
    To let more air through it filters less of the dirt out which then goes into your engine, turbo etc. Extra wear and tear.
    Can bu66er up the MAF also? Think the oil can do damage.........

  8. #8
    Regular Member Gregg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Great Wyrley
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mark1319 View Post
    To let more air through it filters less of the dirt out which then goes into your engine, turbo etc. Extra wear and tear.
    Yup.
    I had one oreviously car ran worse also noticed there wasnt alot of stuff being stopped

    VX ones might be paper but u can see what they are stopping from entering the engine.

  9. #9
    Regular Member mark1319's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tyneside
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VectraV6CDTi View Post
    Can bu66er up the MAF also? Think the oil can do damage.........
    Read about that too, you have to be careful not too use too much oil or it will damage the MAF.

  10. #10
    spoons
    Guest

    Default

    Video resolves the 'myth' on this exact 'oil contamination MAF sensor' issue

    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/e...7e01799b19.htm
    Last edited by spoons; 24th January 2008 at 11:08.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. My Old VXRD...
    By spoons in forum Spotted or put a flyer on a Vectra C/Signum?
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 29th April 2010, 22:10
  2. Vxrd > Vxr
    By spoons in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 11th January 2008, 17:40
  3. Vxrd
    By Jay Kay 313 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 18th July 2007, 23:23
  4. Bring back the Krays (thread split from scam thread)
    By VauxVeteran in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 26th July 2006, 09:58

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •