Thread: I Think I'm Gonna Quit

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default I Think I'm Gonna Quit

Last year was a bad one for me, I hoped that this year would be better, three weeks in and my job is a waste of time, I've not earned a wage this year yet, my dad is back in hospital and so is one of my best mates as well, while sitting there tonight I was reflecting on my working life, so far in 27 yrs I've had to live through two recessions and now a 3rd on the way, the more I try the more it seems someone is watching me and paving the way with banana skins for me to slip on, right now the cab has quite a good value to it and I'm seriously thinking of cashing it in and look for a turn up and get paid job with paid holidays, I don't know why life has to be so dam hard, we don't live long and by now you'd think a better system of reward would be in place so the life we do have is an enjoyable one, going back on work, in the last two years the powers that be have conspired to hit me three ways, 1 - The loss of all proper nightclubs in our city, replaced by small bars with no feel good atmosphere in them, 2 - Drinking laws, since they relaxed I don't get a pub out hour anymore, and finally 3 - Smoking ban, this is beginning to really bite, as a smoker I can tell you it's not the same anymore having to go outside for a puff, add the vile British weather in and you can see why ppl aren't going out anymore, someone is on a mission to close this country, and a lot of damage is done to a country in the same way a body is damaged, example, form a blood clot near the heart, the heart stops and then the brain shuts down, add in all the other vital organs and death is soon after, it's the same with money, if I can't spend it cos I ain't got it, you don't get it and then the guy you would've spent with also goes hungry, do this on a national scale and before you know it there is no demand for production and this results in everyone skint and unemployed, and one of the worst culprits is the media, they frighten ppl into holding on to what money they have and accelerate the recession process, which generally last for 4-5 yrs or until a new Government is elected, which seems to restore confidence for a while.

Thoughts ?

Oh and that's the other one, fuel, 85p hike in a matter of 8 weeks because of oil prices, scoff scoff scoff, fuel is the hulage in a barrel of oil, almost a waste product, the hike is to cover what the IRS won't get from ciggy and beer revenue next year, the more I look at it, it reads like someone smashing into your car and insisting you pay because you should've know they were a bad driver and likely to collide with you.
    Last edited by VauxVeteran; 18th January 2008 at 03:28.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes mate, I am in agreement with you I am a year younger 26 and have to feed 3 children, mortgage etc etc etc and all the govenment does is rob the **** out of my wages in tax making me have to work longer and longer hours( between 75 - 90hrs per week min) just to give it all to them. Example worked my ass of before xmas for obvious reasons total hours in a month was 289hrs pre tax income £5344.82 after deductions £1994.76. How the living **** can this govenment expect us to sustain living when all they do is tax the hell out of us which goes on giving every other monkey that either is illegal in this country in health care cost's, asylum seekers, or the classic work shy carn't be arsed never want to work lying ********s in their benefits. Don't get me wrong benefits are their for a reason to make sure you have some income whilst you are looking for new employment.
    I work hard for my family like millions of others do and I have great anger towards the millions of others that just work the system and end up better off than me and you mate. I spent 8 years in the armed forces gaining my degrees and fighting to with hold the britsh freedom and I look back know some days and think what's the point.
    This is what I would do if I was in power.
    Benefits - If you haven't worked you cannot claim.
    Council accomidation - Just because you got yourself knocked up to scam a house doesn't mean you'll get one.
    Workers become first upon the list.
    Workers who become unemployed actually get a real benefit wage to live on and also we pay for your accomodation and bills for a period of time £55.00 wouldn't even buy my family nappies.

I have an endless list waste of time though as the state scankers carry on milking the workers pockets, the rich people still make profit, the middleclass become homeless without a care in the world

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra VXR, VW Tiguan R-line Tech, Vivaro.

Trim : Nav

Engine : Various

Year : 1 A.D

Mileage : Rising

Jeez VV, Your on a proper downer tonight !
    Just remember,you never know whats round the corner !
    I got told tonight, as of monday, i'm off nights & back on days. That represents a 40% + reduction on my potential earnings,but hey-ho,what can you do about it ? That's life i suppose.

Have consideration for the deaf, if you're gunna fart, make it smell !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

You are on my wavelength all the way mate, especially the getting knocked up routine, I'd flat refuse to house them unless they agreed to my terms, and that would be you work at least a 30 hour week, this would be sub'd as well so that the kid could be looked after pre-school if required, and again set up a drop zone within school for mothers needing to get to work for 9am, I'm all for rewarding and helping trier's but I don't like having to contribute to ppl who aim not to contribute.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by fil 4822 View Post
    Jeez VV, Your on a proper downer tonight !
    Just remember,you never know whats round the corner !
    I got told tonight, as of monday, i'm off nights & back on days. That represents a 40% + reduction on my potential earnings,but hey-ho,what can you do about it ? That's life i suppose.

Just sick of other's messing with my livelyhood fil, if I went stealing like they do from us, they'd throw the key away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

and my parents are complaining because I'm looking at emmigrating

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

Come on Ian, yes it looks a bit bleak just now. Isn't it every early Jan? Everyone is skint with Christmas and new year just gone. Soon it will be pay day again, and people will have money to spend.

I am one of the 'unemployed' lot just now. However, I haven't made a claim yet to the benefits office. I am living on redundancy pay and 'notice period' pay.

The benefits system is there to catch people, temporarily, if they fall, it isn't intended to be there as a way of life. Unfortunately, there are people who see it as such though.

I can see that some people do not have the same opportunities as I did, I was fortunate in that I am reasonably intelligent which lent itself for me to get a decent education. I had good opportunities and support when I needed it when I was younger (parents, older siblings, and friends).

However, there are some who do not have these opportunities, parents who don't care, friends who don't see any thing other than a life on the dole. Sad I know, but it is real.

Compared to a lot of people I would say you are rich. Maybe not financially (neither am I) but in the important things. Empathy, sympathy, community minded, people minded, caring, 'a nice chap', who would do anything for anybody, good communicator etc etc.

Maybe cabbing isn't too good right now, have you considered your options? I would dare bet there are loads of opportunities for a guy of your skills and qualities.

End of blowing sunshine up Ian's ar$e

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

You're just sad because you got rid of the Vectra

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

chin up Ian.

it's never too late to change career

spoons

Sorry to hear this Ian

Hope things get better for you, you're a good lad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information