User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Why i would never own/ride a motorbike!

  1. #1
    Regular Member BigMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pretending to be unmarked Police in my T5...
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default Why i would never own/ride a motorbike!

    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jRkmTA...eature=related

    Poor f*cker minding his own business then wham!!

  2. #2
    On a Sabbatical
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Failsworth, Manchester
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    It's hard to tell what was happening prior to the camera catching the incident. It half looks like the bike had cut across the front of the car, but it also looks like the car driver didn't brake until after the smash, so where was the driver looking??

  3. #3
    Regular Member SignumPhil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Luton, Beds
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    It's that phrase that I heard so many times when I was a biker, "sorry I didn't see you!". The last time lead to me giving up bikes -and I got away with two sprained wrists and assorted bruises.

    Phil

  4. #4
    spoons
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJA View Post
    It's hard to tell what was happening prior to the camera catching the incident. It half looks like the bike had cut across the front of the car, but it also looks like the car driver didn't brake until after the smash, so where was the driver looking??
    Agreed... it looks like the bike was crossing the cars path... looks like the bike had changed lanes and was braking hard in front of the car that hit it. (probably cos of the police car)... and the other driver was probably looking at the police car as well

  5. #5
    Forum Moderator FIL 4822's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    On a French Carp lake somewhere x
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Insignia VX-line RED Tourer

    Trim : No, over weight!

    Engine : Flux Core Capacitor

    Year : 1 A.D

    Mileage : Rising

    Default

    Looks to me like the bike had slowed to pull in the layby and the car driver was away with the fairies !
    Regardless of who was at fault, look where his machine goes !!!


    Have consideration for the deaf, if you're gunna fart, make it smell !


  6. #6
    [Ex]Admin Duncan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    East Sussex
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJA View Post
    It's hard to tell what was happening prior to the camera catching the incident. It half looks like the bike had cut across the front of the car, but it also looks like the car driver didn't brake until after the smash, so where was the driver looking??
    Yep, playing that section several times, it looks like the biker was coming from lane 2 into lane 1 and slowing at the same time, so slightly 'cutting up' the car. The car just didn't slow down (probably gawping at the police car as said), you can see how fast it was going, and bam!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SignumPhil View Post
    It's that phrase that I heard so many times when I was a biker, "sorry I didn't see you!". The last time lead to me giving up bikes -and I got away with two sprained wrists and assorted bruises.
    Yep, been there, done it and got the t-shirt - well the 52 stitches on my leg I should say!! - when somebody pulled out of a side street right into the side of me. Was lucky on a second occasion when some muppet side-swiped me off my bike when doing a stupid manoeuvre in a high street. Uninjured, just the bike knackered!

    Still planning on getting one again next year though!

  7. #7
    On a Sabbatical VauxVeteran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nicking Ya Dinner.
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Full throttle is why I've never had one, do like them though, maybe now I'm older and more responsible I might go get a licence and buy the biggest superbike I can find.

    Nope, it's the bikers fault, he clearly moves in front of the car, giving the car nowhere to go, the driver would by human nature have the cop car in mind, so he won't be 100% focused on the road, but would think there is a good distance between him and the last car to go by before him, but the real reason for it is the biker didn't check his mirror before coming over into lane one.

    Nasty looking crash though.
    Last edited by VauxVeteran; 15th January 2008 at 16:44.

  8. #8
    Regular Member DeanF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Being a biker from as soon as i could & getting into cars much later, I have been involved in a few of those, Some not so serious & others waking up in a hospital bed. I have lost many friends to motorbike incidents but still i ride.
    As you get older realisation does set in hard & you are far more aware & warey. I ride like everyone is out to Kill me, this does help but still is no defence against the Hardcore Idiot.

    Watching things like the above brings it all back & makes you feel kinda i'll.

    So why do i keep doing it ??

    It's the feeling,The Noise, The Adrenelin, To be able to control it, Get where you want to go with very little hinderance from other road users.

    There is no real ultimate replacement for the thrill of a motorcyle, I have tried to achieve it with cars but failed (Never had enough Money)

    Dean

  9. #9
    Regular Member BlueRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Mexico
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Ouch! poor guy...thats why my dad never bought me one of those

  10. #10
    On a Sabbatical VauxVeteran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nicking Ya Dinner.
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeanF View Post
    Being a biker from as soon as i could & getting into cars much later, I have been involved in a few of those, Some not so serious & others waking up in a hospital bed. I have lost many friends to motorbike incidents but still i ride.
    As you get older realisation does set in hard & you are far more aware & warey. I ride like everyone is out to Kill me, this does help but still is no defence against the Hardcore Idiot.

    Watching things like the above brings it all back & makes you feel kinda i'll.

    So why do i keep doing it ??

    It's the feeling,The Noise, The Adrenelin, To be able to control it, Get where you want to go with very little hinderance from other road users.

    There is no real ultimate replacement for the thrill of a motorcyle, I have tried to achieve it with cars but failed (Never had enough Money)

    Dean
    Magic machine, let down by bi-directional user error I'm afraid, and ppl wonder why bikers ride in the day with the headlight on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Best Motorbike ever
    By ScotsDragon in forum Comedy & Humour
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 31st August 2011, 16:52
  2. Motorbike Exhaust
    By Aidi in forum The 'Off Topic' room
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19th May 2011, 19:59
  3. Learning to Ride Motorbike - advice please
    By DesignforLife in forum General Chat
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 15th July 2009, 17:00
  4. Now this is the way to txt on a motorbike!
    By BIG NEIL in forum Comedy & Humour
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12th July 2008, 17:33

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •