Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Has my car been in a smash?

Hi Guys looking for some info from any spraypainters or such like,

I've had my car 4 weeks now and a couple of times I've caught it in light as I'm walking back to it it looks like the wings are a slightly diffrent shade from the doors. The official colour is star silver. I'm not sure if im just being paranoid but I really don't trust the dealers after many years of shoddy customer service.
    I plan to give it a right good clean tomorrow morning and take it back to the stealers and I was looking for some advice please

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Golf 7

Trim : GTD

Engine : 2.0 TDI 184PS

Year : 2014

Mileage : 40000

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy1903 View Post

I've had my car 4 weeks now and a couple of times I've caught it in light as I'm walking back to it it looks like the wings are a slightly diffrent shade from the doors. The official colour is star silver. I'm not sure if im just being paranoid but I really don't trust the dealers after many years of shoddy customer service.
    I plan to give it a right good clean tomorrow morning and take it back to the stealers and I was looking for some advice please

I'm no a spray painter but apparently silver is a terrible colour for matching.

How do think I feel my car has: a dent above the door, the left side repeater seems to be missing inside the wing and the interior trim abobe the door is misaligned.

To check for your self - take the side repeater off of the suspect wing, and inside there is like a sheet (rubber/plastic insultaion) that should be black, if its the colour of your wing - then 99% your car has been in an accident in it's life.

My side repeater on the left is inside the wing, and when I checked one of my pals clocked the paint on this insulation.

Gazza4

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy1903 View Post

the best way to check the car has been painted i to park it under an orange street light and the wings if painted will show up a different shade as its very hard to get silver to look the same aas the rest of the car under these lights aslo when your cleaning it tomorrow have a good look in round the wheel arches , lights and bumper gaps etc for any slight signs of overspray, rough edges

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by stepheng View Post
    the best way to check the car has been painted i to park it under an orange street light and the wings if painted will show up a different shade as its very hard to get silver to look the same aas the rest of the car under these lights aslo when your cleaning it tomorrow have a good look in round the wheel arches , lights and bumper gaps etc for any slight signs of overspray, rough edges

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

cheers for the tip Gazza will defo have a look tomorrow when I'm cleaning it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Get some pics up, under street lighting is best, and I'm sure we can help you out with an opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by stepheng View Post
    Thanks guys my old mans a mechanic so I'm going for a second opinion before I go ranting at the dealers, also away for a chippy later so I will drive round looking for some orange street light

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by VauxVeteran View Post
    Get some pics up, under street lighting is best, and I'm sure we can help you out with an opinion.
    Will post some pics after the clean

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If it's not too dirty we should be able to tell right now, don't say where you think it's been painted, let us decide, this way you will get a true reflection.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

right guys a follow on, ive cleaned the car and been to the dealer i bought the car off, he has told me that the sales manager and painter will see the car this week.
    I've attched some photos and when you see it like this i think its pretty obvious. what do you guys think?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information