Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Had to laugh.....

On my journey down from the NE today I had a most pleasurable experience....

I was on the A19 sat at 80 mph on cruise control, driving along merrily (no, not merrily as in had a drink merrily!! )

I was in the outside lane (of two) as I was about to overtake a car. I was only going a bit faster than him so I was slowly passing by him. Looked up in my rear view mirror and saw a black BMW X5 right up my a**e!!! Was still passing the car so couldn't pull in. X5 still up my a**e.

As I didn't want him on my a**e any longer, I gave the throttle a squirt to get past the car so I could pull in - wasn't in the mood for playing with him! I pulled in and he shot past.

About 10-15 seconds later I saw a marked police Volvo appear at what looked like some sort of side road, wanting to join the dual-carriageway. After slowing down a little bit (just to be sure) I pulled over to the outside lane to let him pull out to join (I know, I know - goodie two shoes!! LOL). The X5 had also seen him and slowed right down as well.

He joined the carriageway and zoomed past me and pulled in front of me but behind the X5. "Oh, oh" I thought, he's going to pull him. Sure enough, at the next layby he pulled him over!!! I almost wet myself as I passed by!! LOL.

He must have had a vantage point from where he had been and I reckon he was using the VASCAR box to measure speeds. I was hoping that he wasn't using a camera as my peak speed was in the 80's as I squirted it to get back in to get the X5 off my a**e. But saying that, the X5 must have been going it some to have caught up with me, from nowhere, so it was probably the X5 that he had targeted all along!!

Couldn't help but laugh to myself as I passed by they guy - that'll teach him to drive right up someone's a**e and tailgate them!

D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra vxr

Trim : vxr

Engine : 2.8 v6 turbo

Year : 2008

Mileage : 31000

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan
    On my journey down from the NE today I had a most pleasurable experience....

I was on the A19 sat at 80 mph on cruise control, driving along merrily (no, not merrily as in had a drink merrily!! )

I was in the outside lane (of two) as I was about to overtake a car. I was only going a bit faster than him so I was slowly passing by him. Looked up in my rear view mirror and saw a black BMW X5 right up my a**e!!! Was still passing the car so couldn't pull in. X5 still up my a**e.

As I didn't want him on my a**e any longer, I gave the throttle a squirt to get past the car so I could pull in - wasn't in the mood for playing with him! I pulled in and he shot past.

About 10-15 seconds later I saw a marked police Volvo appear at what looked like some sort of side road, wanting to join the dual-carriageway. After slowing down a little bit (just to be sure) I pulled over to the outside lane to let him pull out to join (I know, I know - goodie two shoes!! LOL). The X5 had also seen him and slowed right down as well.

He joined the carriageway and zoomed past me and pulled in front of me but behind the X5. "Oh, oh" I thought, he's going to pull him. Sure enough, at the next layby he pulled him over!!! I almost wet myself as I passed by!! LOL.

He must have had a vantage point from where he had been and I reckon he was using the VASCAR box to measure speeds. I was hoping that he wasn't using a camera as my peak speed was in the 80's as I squirted it to get back in to get the X5 off my a**e. But saying that, the X5 must have been going it some to have caught up with me, from nowhere, so it was probably the X5 that he had targeted all along!!

Couldn't help but laugh to myself as I passed by they guy - that'll teach him to drive right up someone's a**e and tailgate them!

D
    typicale 4x4 driver think they own the road im well ****ed of with them after one put me of the road and damaged my alloy hope he got booked lol bmw drivers tut tut

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

don't you just love that ......

Watch the truck pull on youtube --http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjGfVxXov1E

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

There are certain situations in which it is acceptable to exceed the speed limit. If you get boxed in and the situation is potentially dangerous, such as when overtaking and the to**er in the x5 behind is right up your a*se and it would be dangerous to slow down and the guy on your inside will not let you back in. If this overtaking had started at 70 then it is unlikely that you would be prosecuted for exceeding the limit. Though as you admit you were a naughty boy and already doing 80+ you might have had your wrist slapped

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Of course you could always fill your washer tank with dirty oil or something nasty and adjust the rear squirter to shoot straight out the back

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thats got to be a quick burst of the horn and the old finger as you drive past.I would

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Edition 100

Engine : 2.0T

Year : 04

Id've given him the old coffee beans salute

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

LOL, haven't heard that expression before - but I know exactly what you mean!! LOL

D

Thread Information