User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First wax on new car of 3 weeks but.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default First wax on new car of 3 weeks but.....

All

After getting my new Vec Elite Auto almost 3 weeks ago, I had a day off work and gave it the first wash n wax etc so thought I would put up some pics as I believe its law here.

A few other mentions first.

Thanks to Andy, Andrew, Ditchp, ParaPaul for the replies to my first post last night ref the Diesel Partical filter. Special thanks to Shan for the pictures and yes it turns out I DO have a DPF so the dealer was wrong again!

Will have to re look at tuning options again, cant find a caterman as some of you mentioned so may hold off till I have a bit more cash for DTUK Green or similar.

Before the pics – a few things I have picked up on now I have given the car a good going over.

Last vec was pre facelift and I have notice the following things different on the Elite.

• Automatic bonnet opening thingy (same as on the boot makes it open) missing.
    • Switch on wiper stalk end missing – this was used to cancel computer messages like ice warning, Range etc (similar to cruise cancel on indicator stalk) Now I have to go into computer via radio. (ok really minor but cant get used to not having the switch!)
    • Courtesy lights (maybe called puddle lights) missing from doors.
    • Checked all the lights and thought I had a rear fog bulb blown, when I investigated and pulled the bulb holder out in the boot I noticed there is not a bulb holder bit (hope you get what I mean)
    • Front headlights have been annoying me as I think they are too low and not very good vrs old model so popped round the stealers and asked if they could have a quick look and they did saying one needed adjustment. Now the lights are worse!
    • Stealers were too tight to even put windscreen wash in it so it froze the other night. This never happened on last vectra as I could of sworn they were heated but these are not.

Maybe a few more things ive forgotten – sorry did not mean to rant!!
    Still LOVE the car though – shame on VX for stripping out parts Elite I thought was top spec, interior is fully loaded but will be looking into mods (SPOILER ME THINKS!!) as the only exterior difference I have is those stupis silver door handles!!

Hope pics are ok, comments most welcome and does anyone know where I can get a caterman box and can I use in Auto with DPF!?!?!?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Looking good mate, let the mods begin!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Looks a nice car, it is a shame they penny pinched so much with the facelift, I miss sooo many things about my pre facelift.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Very nice car mate and a lovely colour aswell.

I couldn't get over not having a gas strut on the bonnet either, it really is very poor on vauxhalls behalf.

You also say you have to cancel messages via the radio, did you know the left hand thumb wheel on the steering wheel controls the radio/sat nav and if you get any of the pop up warnings you just push the thumb wheel in and it will get rid of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

No worries on the DPF thing Bud, what we're here for!!

I'm sure I recognise where those photos are too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Estate

Trim : Elite

Engine : 1.9 CDTi

looking mighty shiney!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Nice car m8! Good to see someone else joining the Auto club!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Grem View Post
    Switch on wiper stalk end missing – this was used to cancel computer messages like ice warning, Range etc (similar to cruise cancel on indicator stalk) Now I have to go into computer via radio. (ok really minor but cant get used to not having the switch!)

You cancel the warning with the left hand wheel on the steering wheel controls, it pushes in to select items/cancel warnings

Edit: Pricey beat me to it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 04

Mileage : 000

Nice motor you have there, mate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Automatic bonnet opening thingy (same as on the boot makes it open) missing. The bonnet on the facelift is too heave for it, the bonnet twists out of shape.

Switch on wiper stalk end missing – this was used to cancel computer messages like ice warning, Range etc (similar to cruise cancel on indicator stalk) Now I have to go into computer via radio. (ok really minor but cant get used to not having the switch!) Really annoying, but it can be done via the thumb wheels on the steering wheel

Courtesy lights (maybe called puddle lights) missing from doors. That would be a nice touch, but not on the "C" range at all.

Checked all the lights and thought I had a rear fog bulb blown, when I investigated and pulled the bulb holder out in the boot I noticed there is not a bulb holder bit (hope you get what I mean) They only fit the offside one as the mot says you only need that one. Also they think its safer

Front headlights have been annoying me as I think they are too low and not very good vrs old model so popped round the stealers and asked if they could have a quick look and they did saying one needed adjustment. Now the lights are worse! The headlights are appauling on the prefacelift too. have a look for the "lawson" technique

Stealers were too tight to even put windscreen wash in it so it froze the other night. This never happened on last vectra as I could of sworn they were heated but these are not. They should have been all cut as a safety recall on the prefacelifts. They kept shorting out so the idea was dropped.

Still, I like it, all the toys too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information