Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : GSI

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 2003

Default Result

The wife came home the other night and proceeded to advise me that the nearside windscreen wiper had just dropped and did not work anymore (lucky it wasn't the drivers or she would have been a bit stuck) Anyway, i then remembered reading on here that this appears to be a common fault. So i set about searching threads for any tips on how to temporarily fix the problem. With the wipers now both working i thought I'd best set about pricing up a new linkage.

Vaux quoted iro £77.00 for new linkage and recommended that i fit a new motor too (do they think I'm made of money, there's nothing wrong with the motor) but i politely refused. Anyway, after giving it some thought, i was disappointed that such a part would fail so prematurely and armed with the knowledge (thanks to this site) i set about emailing vauxhall to express my disgust that the part had failed quite prematurely in its life and also with my knowledge that the part has since been revised, i suggested that it may have not been fit for the purpose it was intended.

After a few days i received a call from vauxhall to advise me if i took my car to a dealers, they would discuss the problem and see if they would be able to offer a contribution towards the repair. So as the car was booked in for a service and MOT, i told them about my wiper problem. Vaux came back to me with an offer of i pay 40% towards the cost, so this was 40% towards a wiper linkage, new motor and labour (don't know if labour is factored into these sort of claims) but it is now gonna cost me £68 towards the job and i don't need to get my hands dirty That's a saving of £9 and i was just gonna get the linkage!

The moral of my story is that although my car is 4 years old on Saturday and obviously out of the warranty. If you don't try you don't get anywhere. I wasn't expecting them to do anything really, i just wanted them to know i wasn't happy.

Knowledge is power!

Thanks to all the members sharing their knowledge , this obviously helped in my case.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra cdti estate

Trim : Get a

Engine : Dirty diesel

Year : 2006

nice result mate, well done

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 05

The power of knowledge (and the forum)

Well done m8

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Exclamation Wiper arm actuator disconnected Wipers Jam @70mph+

This happened to me today on M6 motorway Preston, outside lane @70mph+ very scary Wipers just jammed together in heavy traffic and rain passing lorries, lucky to be here typing this! I had to open side window to see out and stear to side. Untangled wipers and Strapped up nearside arm.
    Looked at car tonight and yep, ball joint seperated apart for nearside arm actuator.
    Just emailed VX UK and going to call them tomorrow we shall see, I also need to book car in for a hand brake recall they posted to me this week.
    Why have they not recalled car for this to replace brown linkage with the modified white linkage released on models 2007 onwards!
    Not happy at all with VX.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Facelift

Trim : Elite with sports pack

Engine : CDTi 150

Year : 2005

Mileage : 103000

nice result v6boy

Scary moment for you Gezawood, glad your still with us

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

This can clearly be a safety issue. I had this happen to me 6 months out of Vx 3 year Warrenty with 25k miles on the clock, luckily I noticed it when I was on my drive, stationary. I tried Vx to get them to foot the bill but no Joy. I'm going to try again just for the hell of it. Maybe someone wants to start a poll on this website to judge the scale of this problem, it sounds very widespread. Anyone have an address or email address I can send my complaint to?

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Result m8....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

It went on mine too. Passenger side failed and shortly after, the drivers side failed too. Luckily it had almost stopped raining and I was nearly home when the drivers side went.

I managed to repair mine, and I'm not sure I had the same failure mechanism as you describe. On mine, the centre pin (which the 2 ball joints click onto) had become detached from the main drive arm, thus resulting in the ball joint separation as it wobbled about. I welded the pin back into the arm, applied some copper slip on the ball joints, and 18 months later it's been fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Not much joy, Vx dealer wanted to replace whole assemble including linkage, motor and wiper arms and a set of blades £++++ do they think I’m made of money even with a discount still to pricey. Anyway looked over web site and found link How 2 fit a new front wiper linkage, wow really great, checked assembly myself on car all ok bar broken linkage, purchased revised linkage from VX dealer, they had one in stock surprise surprise, fitted it, works a treat.

Will it take someone to actually be injured in an accident due to the failure of this linkage for Vx to even think about recalling cars?

Thread Information