Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Standard Flex on downpipe.

Over the last few days heard my car f*rting at me from underneath took to garage and the flexi pipe has split and is blowing.
    I though it would be easily replaced but because my MIJ exhaust had been directly welded to this pipe were the flex sits I think I am going to have to replace the whole downpipe section from BSR with Sports cat.

Have good deal from BSR £650 inc for stage 3 parts downpipe, injectors, remap.
    Great price but time of year and new baby almost hear haven't got this money can anyone think of an easy option or would this fail an MOT?
    Duncan you are the best for this next question.

Does the downpipe and sports cat come complete and welded or do you have to get it welded together?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by rickyroo View Post
    Have good deal from BSR £650 inc for stage 3 parts downpipe, injectors, remap.
    But obviously not the centre and back pipes/boxes?
    Duncan you are the best for this next question.

Does the downpipe and sports cat come complete and welded or do you have to get it welded together?
    Comes complete ready to fit......

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yes mate no exhaust just the parts above, just got to order at end of month and says roughly 1 week to get it from sweeden, got to grind off the weld from exhaust and retro fit this, the only reserve I have is what size is the cat pipe which would attach to the exhaust as you are aware mine is done by MIJ and want to make sure this would fit or need larger diameter pipe?
    Whats the little nipple section coming out of the Cat in the corner for by where it would be attached to the exhaust?
    Final question for you duncan, how easy was it to change the injectors and downpipe?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The only reserve I have is what size is the cat pipe which would attach to the exhaust as you are aware mine is done by MIJ and want to make sure this would fit or need larger diameter pipe?
    The downpipe is 3" diameter initially and attaches straight to the turbo. It goes down to 2.5" pipework after the sports cat, so you'll need 2.5" pipework to attach there, or a reducing pipe if your MIJ stuff is narrower.
    Whats the little nipple section coming out of the Cat in the corner for by where it would be attached to the exhaust?
    Mounting thread for the second Oxygen (lamda) sensor.
    Final question for you duncan, how easy was it to change the injectors and downpipe?
    Pretty straightforward TBH. The downpipe fits beautifully - no messing around with making any adjustments etc. BSR have specced it perfectly in terms of it's shape etc. You need to do a bit of manoeuvring to get into position, but nothing too difficult. There was more work involved in getting the old system off and the original cat than fitting the new stuff TBH.

Depending on when you're looking to get it/fit it, I may be able to give you a hand. Either head over here?, or we can work something out.

EDIT: Saying that, if you're looking to attach a different/existing non-BSR exhaust to the downpipe/cat, you may end up having to make some adjustments. i.e. you'll need to make sure the connecting pipe from the cat/downpipe to the centre section is the right length. This, oversized (length) pipe came in the rest of the exhaust kit, it just needed chopped down to the right length.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks mate i'll ask bsr to possibly supply or may speak to MIJ to fit, wanted to reduce my costs though by fitting the downpipe myself and cat and just getting the pipe welded to the exhaust if get it in time might see if could be done on MIJ meet. I don't have a centre box I assume this is for bafflement of sound unsure.

If have any probs i'll let you know thanks mate

Thread Information