User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Friday Nightmare!!

  1. #1
    Regular Member KC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    West Lothian
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Friday Nightmare!!

    We had a week end break booked in Oban on the West Coast of Scotland last weEk end and it started off hellish to say the least. Left the house @ 4pm for a 2.5 hr journery and near Callander, it started to snow like there was no tomorrow. It was white out conditions and I got as far as Glen Ogle (yes thats its name!!) on the A85 just after Lochearn head, and got half way up the hill and due to others being stopped on the road, could not go much further.
    Traction control was crap in these conditions and would not move me at all. After an hour or so a couple of drivers decided like me to go back down the glen to seed a hotel for the night. Cost me another £92 inc dinner etc. There must have been 30-40 cars stuck up the pass and there was no sign of any emergency assistance and no one stopping other cars from entering the glen. What a start to a week end break.

    We eventually got to our Hotel Sat 10:30 and after booking in was told I had to pay for the car park at the Hotel. What!!! I said after all I have been through and you want to charge me £5. We never even had the two dinners, breakfasts of the use of the room etc etc and they had the cheek to charge me a fiver. Thats the Oban Bay Hotel for you!!

    There you go - I feel better now!!

  2. #2
    Regular Member Gsi3.2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Technical directors office
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sheez...not a way to spend the weekend.. sat fighting the snow....

  3. #3
    Regular Member pogo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    having a laugh and banter when permitted
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    We had a week end break booked in Oban on the West Coast of Scotland last weEk end and it started off hellish to say the least. Left the house @ 4pm for a 2.5 hr journery and near Callander, it started to snow like there was no tomorrow. It was white out conditions and I got as far as Glen Ogle (yes thats its name!!) on the A85 just after Lochearn head, and got half way up the hill and due to others being stopped on the road, could not go much further.
    Traction control was crap in these conditions and would not move me at all. After an hour or so a couple of drivers decided like me to go back down the glen to seed a hotel for the night. Cost me another £92 inc dinner etc. There must have been 30-40 cars stuck up the pass and there was no sign of any emergency assistance and no one stopping other cars from entering the glen. What a start to a week end break.

    We eventually got to our Hotel Sat 10:30 and after booking in was told I had to pay for the car park at the Hotel. What!!! I said after all I have been through and you want to charge me £5. We never even had the two dinners, breakfasts of the use of the room etc etc and they had the cheek to charge me a fiver. Thats the Oban Bay Hotel for you!!

    There you go - I feel better now!!
    sorry to hear that mate but dont let it put you off visiting again as its a beautiful place to visit

  4. #4
    Regular Member KC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    West Lothian
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vectrapogo View Post
    sorry to hear that mate but dont let it put you off visiting again as its a beautiful place to visit
    Been twice now its really nice when you do get there!!.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    aberdeen
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    been once when I was a kid for a 2 week caravan holiday and it ****ed down the whole time

  6. #6
    Regular Member lofty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    @home
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Done my advanced diving course there... very nice place. Nice drive up there too.

  7. #7
    Regular Member KC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    West Lothian
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lofty69 View Post
    Done my advanced diving course there... very nice place. Nice drive up there too.
    I agree been up there many times for the fishing trips/runs etc.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Nightmare
    By marko1966 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 9th October 2012, 19:26
  2. ABS nightmare!!
    By jonno1103 in forum Introduce yourself.
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26th March 2011, 00:29
  3. What a nightmare!
    By vxr-i-wish in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16th April 2010, 20:54
  4. Nightmare
    By craigmerry in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 5th April 2008, 21:35
  5. PC Nightmare!
    By S888 SRB in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 18th August 2006, 18:05

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •