User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Getting my sh@gged car to VX?

  1. #1
    On a Sabbatical
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cirencester
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default Getting my sh@gged car to VX?

    As a few of you know, my gearbox/diff has had it. basically locked solid, car will not even free roll so this now poses a small problem as where the car is laid up now in a communal carpark and to gain access you need to drive under one of the houses below a bedroom that over hangs the access road.

    Its ok with me calling the AA in the morning but.... he wont be able to get under there lol he would need to drag the car with its front wheels solid about 100 yards if not a bit more. the height is just enough to get a Merc Vito under just.

    Will they do that? or is advisable to do that given the damage?

    Ta Muchly

  2. #2
    Regular Member John35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    in a white box
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Car skates.

    They go under the front wheels jack them up a bit and push the car out. Easy peasy................

  3. #3
    On a Sabbatical
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cirencester
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Job done then. easy as that

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    west yorkshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    alright mate hope it gets sorted out asap keep me posted yeah

  5. #5
    On a Sabbatical
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cirencester
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    i will be going to VX with car keys in one hand and complaint letter in the other

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    west yorkshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonr View Post
    i will be going to VX with car keys in one hand and complaint letter in the other
    well in they have to sort it anyway

  7. #7
    Regular Member BigMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pretending to be unmarked Police in my T5...
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonr View Post
    As a few of you know, my gearbox/diff has had it. basically locked solid, car will not even free roll so this now poses a small problem as where the car is laid up now in a communal carpark and to gain access you need to drive under one of the houses below a bedroom that over hangs the access road.

    Its ok with me calling the AA in the morning but.... he wont be able to get under there lol he would need to drag the car with its front wheels solid about 100 yards if not a bit more. the height is just enough to get a Merc Vito under just.

    Will they do that? or is advisable to do that given the damage?

    Ta Muchly
    At a risk of sounding rude to the AA, if he hasnt got the right kit to get your car out, he best go and get the right kit.. You pay your money to get a service, not to get told sorry cant do that...

  8. #8
    On a Sabbatical
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cirencester
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigMan View Post
    At a risk of sounding rude to the AA, if he hasnt got the right kit to get your car out, he best go and get the right kit.. You pay your money to get a service, not to get told sorry cant do that...
    thats what i was thinking. id rather them not drag it tbh as it would scuff my tyres

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    west yorkshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigMan View Post
    At a risk of sounding rude to the AA, if he hasnt got the right kit to get your car out, he best go and get the right kit.. You pay your money to get a service, not to get told sorry cant do that...

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hornchurch
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    the AA man should have the stuff to get the car out no probs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •