Thread: Handbrake (follow up)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Handbrake (follow up)

As per previous posts I've had a few issues with my handbrake (instantly dropping when at a particular junction).

Anyway - mentioned it at the service and was expecting to be fobbed of with not applying the sticker etc. but they ordered a replacement lever and a was fitted a week later.

I must say the handbrake ratchet now feels much improved - you have to depress the lever by more than a few mm to get it to release - and there is much more of a click if you don't depress the release lever when applying it. I've not been to the junction where it normally happens yet but judging by the feel I don't expect any issues.

I don't know if there has been some subtle re-design that has happened or if my old one was just bad - but I'm now a happy chappy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by teilo View Post
    As per previous posts I've had a few issues with my handbrake (instantly dropping when at a particular junction).

Anyway - mentioned it at the service and was expecting to be fobbed of with not applying the sticker etc. but they ordered a replacement lever and a was fitted a week later.

I must say the handbrake ratchet now feels much improved - you have to depress the lever by more than a few mm to get it to release - and there is much more of a click if you don't depress the release lever when applying it. I've not been to the junction where it normally happens yet but judging by the feel I don't expect any issues.

I don't know if there has been some subtle re-design that has happened or if my old one was just bad - but I'm now a happy chappy.
    oh yeah funny you should say htat i had to buy a new front number plate i put my hand brake on and got out locked it and it rolled foward onto my mums tow bar on my mums drive does this mean i need what you had???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by teilo View Post

ive has 3 levers on my 07 vecy? dont think ur probs are sorted!!! all under warrenty tho. i always get a loud clunk after 3 clicks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by vectra1.9cdti View Post
    i always get a loud clunk after 3 clicks
    I get this quite often on my 06 one, almost feels like the handbrake wobbles a little when it clunks!

I'm paranoid at junctions on hills now, i don't like holding my foot brake down as that can warp brake disks and scared the handbrake may drop off

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog1974 View Post
    I get this quite often on my 06 one, almost feels like the handbrake wobbles a little when it clunks!

I'm paranoid at junctions on hills now, i don't like holding my foot brake down as that can warp brake disks and scared the handbrake may drop off

take to vx needs new lever and assembly. under warranty too

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by vectra1.9cdti View Post
    take to vx needs new lever and assembly. under warranty too
    Cool will get that done asap!

They must be missing the car it hasnt had any warranty work done for a few months lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog1974 View Post

speak to rob porter and underwoods, he is chief tec there. as ur colchester too have u got trip computer? if not he can add software for it at cost of £40

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by 21_03_sxi View Post
    oh yeah funny you should say htat i had to buy a new front number plate i put my hand brake on and got out locked it and it rolled foward onto my mums tow bar on my mums drive does this mean i need what you had???
    just got out of car did it again but then back traker and cause i usaually dont use my seat belt and have started using it because got caught for it i was taking my seat belt off and for geting the hand brake do you know how you get into a routine on how many things you do before you get out of the car the seat belt had taken hand brakes place

how stupid am i

Thread Information