0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 04

Mileage : 000

Default wifes sat nav

i have eventualy had the wifes christmas present [her choice of present] delivered a tom tom sat nav. what a palarva. first they only addressed it with her name and our town and post code, so the delivery man would have little idea where to take it,so i phoned to find why it was not here, then giving them the correct address, they today managed to try to deliver it to the wrong house, on phoning them again they said no one was in, i said there was, it is the house with the white door isn,t it they replied, no our door is varnished wood,number one we sent it to, no that is not our house,sorry we have tried to deliver it to the wrong address. the lady then phoned the van driver to see if he could deliver it later, and thank hevens he did, it is here now, now the wife can not wait to try it out,
    i have had a go with it and it is suprisingly easy to use [ ideal for the wife as she is not too techinically minded].
    looks like i will have to get one for me soon.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi Ed,

I bought a Navman iCN520 the other day.........still trying to figure it out........taking it into work tomorow where a lad is clued up about them, the main problem is the pages the instruction manual say you should get you don't which is a bit off like if you want "A" and you get something else what do you do with that........they don't tell you

Bryan

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

What model TomTom did you go for then Ed?
    Let's hope the delivery driver wasn't using one of these - that wouldn't be a very good advert!
    Mine's wrapped and put away 'til Santa calls. I've the whole week off so will have plenty of time to read the manual. We've the outlaws staying for three nights, so I'm busy organisating some escape plans......
    Don't forget......lock it away when ever you park!!!
    Doug

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi doug the wife wanted the tom tom 300, it will work very well for her, we have been for a short drive to try it out, she can manage with it very well, it seems to be more accurate if you put the postcode in rather than the address. it does not have all the features that your 700 has, but the 300 is simple for someone who is not too tech inically minded.
    I did note that for the tom tom plus you do need a phone that is enabled to use the internet "etc" and has a bluetooth conection, I was under the impretion that all for that sort of thing would not need the phone, there are many applications that are used by conecting to your phone. all of this would be useful but not imperitive,
    I have set the wifes to use the home as a favorite[she can then set it to "go home". you then put the post code or the address in and it is as simple as that, it will store many favorites[ destinations].
    I think you will be very pleased with it.
    We will have to compare notes how to get the best out of them when we both have used them for a while.
    I have told larisa [the wife] to always remove it and all the wires when she leaves the car and to take it with her, allso i have told her to lock the car doors when she is driving in case some sees the light shining from it and tries to steal it when she has stopped at some lights.
    there was an article in our local paper about theive following people home when they have noticed tha sat nav in their car and steailng it from the car on their drive.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Your missus shouldn't need to plug it in for short journeys, as the TomTom has a built-in rechargeable battery - unlike most of the others. I believe it'll run for four hours (sounds a bit optimistic I think) before you need to plug it in. Recharging it at home of course!
    I chose the 700 just because of the full European mapping, which should prove a real benefit on holiday - particularly that horror journey to and from the airport, always a major stress-raiser (in a strange car, wrong side of the road) - the air turns blue, which is not the ideal start to your hols!

Blacktooth, BlueBerry.......it's all meaningless to me, and I certainly don’t want a plastic appendage bolting to my ear thanks!!!
    That lot'll stay switched off!
    Talk soon,
    Doug

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

hi doug there is one more thing we forgot to put in the old age thread... the natural inclination of becoming a ludite, our sat nav,s have many option,s but due to our age we don,t understand them, if i get stuck i will ask the children they will put me right.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yes the tom tom should last for four hours on a full charge, but it does not take long to charge in the car.
    We found something strange with the tom tom though,whilst we have put in and tried out many address,s a particular address it would not let us put a specific house number in, in effect it said it does not exist,so we put the nearest one in that it would let us, but the original number does exist as we have been there???
    Has any one with a tom tom or any other make come to that ever experianced this happening.
    Ps the wife is like a girl with a new doll with this new sat nav of here,s. it is keeping her very quiet..... do you think i have discovered a new phenominon.

Thread Information