Having been on holiday for the last two weeks I haven't been checking my works e-mail, but had to check something today & found a have a car order form to order a new company car, super choise either a Chevrolet or a Vauxhall & while a 800cc Matiz is tempting as I'd be £100 a month better off, I wouldn't even let the wife have one of them .

So crossing the Chevvies (Daewoos) out of the equation, the VXR8, the Signum, the Agila (thankfully), anything V6 in the Vectra range are not allowed.

So it looks like another Vectra is on the horizon, I can't understand the leasing company I had the last one for over 3 years with 122k, this one has 35k & only 16 months old. I guess they are looking at my previous mileage & estimate it should be around 60K in May when it would be swapped over.

I don't really know what to order other than exactly what I have now & refitt the leather seats, VXR steeering wheel, irmy touches etc as soon as it arrives.

Vectra 1.9CDTi 150 Design
Sapphire Black
VXR Pack 1
18" 11 spoke alloys (inc Sports suspension)
ESP & IDS
Parking Sensors

Then add a coded V-grill, VXR insert & Siggy fogs again

At least I've learnt a lot on this site regarding car care so hopefully I'll be able to maintain the paintwork better in the next one from day one. Just seems a bit sad to have a car identical to the one I have now, but as far as the car list goes it makes the most sense, why pay for sat-nav when I have a top of the range tom-tom with bluetooth hands free?, why pay more for for an SRi when it is lower specced & a cheaper list price?, the elite has leather & climate, but I have my own leather seats.

I was hoping I'd have the car for at least another 12 months & land a Vectra D but that ain't going to happen. I could scrape a VXR Astra in basic spec or even a Corsa VXR with a couple of extras, but with two growing sons they don't have the space