Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Fault with Philips CCRT 2008

We have an Opel Vectra 2002 C. The car has been imported into NZ from singapore, installed in the car is a Phillips CCRT 2008 combination, dual band mobile phone, with integrated hands free unit and tuner, 4disc cd changer.

For the last year the unit has worked fine with no problems. The unit has developed a fault, and when pressing the menu keys, for the phone, tuner, tape, and audio menu, these do not display on the display, (and appears to access the actual menu but not display it), whilst the unit still works fine on the trip computer, CD, main menu, will still tune to a radio station, but not display the frequencies or stored stations.

I assume that the fault may be a connection some where that may have become loose, possible dry solder, as the unit still receives phone calls (cant make any), plays radio stations, you just cant see the menu's.

Has any one else come accross this fault or know how to correct it?

Thanks

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I thought i would put an up date to this. I had very little support from Holden in NZ and Australia who referred me back to the local Holden NZ dealer. Who then advised I contact a radio service agent, so I emailed Phillips who replied with a very short phone call "We no longer support Car Audio there is nothing we can do" thanks for your your contact.

I then contacted the local phillips service agent who advised that there was most likly a fault with the IC and if that was the case there is nothing that can be done.

Finally I emailed Opel in Singapore , and after a second email they advised "The GID (Graphical Info Display) that you mentioned for the radio display probably is defective as according to factory's report. There was a software bug in the hardware that requires replacement.Alternatively you may try to reset the display unit by removing the battery negative terminal and installing it back. Sometimes it will work for quite a while until you decide to replace it later."

So I disconnected the battery and that restored the display back to the original. At least i know what to do if it does it again. Shame on Holden NZ and Australia who were unable to access this information or provide it. Thanks to Opel in Singapore for their help.

And if anyone else comes accross this fault there is the above work around.

Cheers

Thread Information