Thread: fed up with this car already.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default fed up with this car already.

took my car into the dealers on friday because the passenger side suspension is leaking they had a look and said it was and they would replace on the 2nd of january.
    i have 2 small children so i asked if it would be ok to use it until then and i was told "yes no problem."
    just been out to the car and the drive is full of oil, looking at the trails of oil that are going down the sloped drive it is coming from both front wheels so obviously thinking both side are now leaking.
    ive never had suspension fail on any previous car i have owned but there seems an awful lot of oil now allover the drive.
    i need to use the car, not for any long journeys just travelling to family,friends and to work over christmas.
    does anyone know if the car will be ok to use until the 2nd of january (really getting fed up with this car, ive had it 4 weeks and its been in the garage 3 times already)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If you have trails of oil, that wont be shockers doing it, they don't hold a lot of oil and weep rather than drop oil, are you sure it isn't brake fluid? check the res for fluid level, and if it is low don't drive it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

cheers i never thought to look i just assumed it was the shocks with already knowing one was leaking,it might look worse than what it is at the moment because the drive is wet.
    i will go and check all the levels on the car, cheers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Is it diesel and is it manual?

There are a few reasons for what is on the drive, the car's specs would help a bit more for some more pointers.

Pretending to be unmarked Police in my T5...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

As VV said mate, unlikely to be shocks dropping that much liquid..

Is it definately Oil? Sounds silly now, but if the lines are pretty much symetrical then could it be dirty water/grime from under the car that look like oil??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Get down and have a look at all four wheels on the inside, check there is no oily material on any of the wheels/backing plates, i.e wheel cyl on rear, or calipers on front.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

just been out to look at the car and all the levels seem fine,the brake fluid is full,engine oil level is almost full.
    there was a bit of oil on the inside of front tyres when i checked earlier,i have put 2 big pieces of cardboard under both front wheels and i will check again in 30mins as it should show up on the cardboard.
    cars a 2.2 petrol elegance auto 03 reg.
    oil marks are perfectly symetrical down both sides starting from both front wheels none in the middle of the drive.
    just had a thought/brainwave,i washed and waxed the car yesterday so im wondering if it was all the oil off the suspension that was built up coming off as i went straight in after washing it and i havnt been out to it until this morning.
    Last edited by mac12; 24th December 2007 at 13:05.

Thread Information