Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you do ?

spoons

Default What would you do ?

Our car will be 3 years old in October 2008

The new Insignia will be for sale in September 2008

Now the dialema is... dont buy new cos they loose so much money.

Also, its rumoured that the VXR range wont be available for 6 months at least after the launch... and then we would only want a nearly new one... which means waiting 6-9 months after the initial launch, at the earliest !!

So... what would you do. Keep the current car longer than planned (4 years... and 1 year over warrantee) or get a newer Vectra-C to tide you over the 6-12 months following the release of the new model ?

.... and if you were to swap early for a newer Vectra-C, what model would you go for

Decisions.... decisions.... ?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Trickey one Steve. Me personally, (if funds allowed ) would be quite happy to go out and swap my SRi for a VXR to tide me over until a Insigna VXR was sufficiently cheap enough to buy.

However its not so easy for you. I dont think there is any point in swapping your car for another Vec C at present. Your car handles like a VXR, has loads of poke and does 40 odd mpg. I dont think you'd gain much more in another Vec C TBH.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Another option if you fancy a change, as I've said before, is another car i.e. keep the ....... (ermmmm what you calling it now? lol)
    Anyway, the worlds your oyster if you get a 2nd car, but then its the additional expense.

spoons

Quote Originally Posted by VectraV6CDTi View Post
    Another option if you fancy a change, as I've said before, is another car
    Yeah... Diana was thinking of getting something completely different ?... like a Honda Civic Type-R or an Audi S3 etc.etc.... but I quite like the Vectra's to be honest...
    Quote Originally Posted by VectraV6CDTi View Post
    However its not so easy for you. I dont think there is any point in swapping your car for another Vec C at present. Your car handles like a VXR, has loads of poke and does 40 odd mpg. I dont think you'd gain much more in another Vec C TBH.
    ... but I could swap some things over to a new Vectra-C VXR.... like AP-Racing brakes.. 888 wheels.. Irmscher bits and bobs.. BTCC rear diffuser... FMIC.... and sell off all the other bits.

Then trade in the Vectra 1.9 CDTI SRI SAT NAV for the VXR and all... only problem there is the running costs

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

4 years is a long time to keep a car but as long as you are not bored of it then keep what you have already got purely due to the amount of money and time you have spent on the vxrd.

Do you have your heart set on a Insignia ?? why not buy something totally diifferent, something you can personlize and enjoy. Keep that for a couple of years what ever that maybe and then if you still have a soft spot for the Insgnia then go for it.

Cheers Steve oh and Merry Christmas to you both

On a Sabbatical
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

IMO, once the Insignia is launched the Vectra's price is going to drop like a stone, so you'll be better going for a VXR if you really don't want to keep your beast. Keep the VXR as standard as your individuality will allow and it'll make it easier to sell on or trade in for a 6-9 month old Insignia VXRD.

EDIT: you may even find that a member on here will take your current car off you to allow you to get the VXR, as it's been one of the more reliable CDTi's on here.
    Last edited by AJA; 20th December 2007 at 00:25.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by spoons View Post
    only problem there is the running costs
    Yes they'll be bl00dy expensive to run. I've calculated I recon for me it would cost £20 a tank more in fuel at 20-25mpg average . Thats for me in my 3.0, be even more for you. .

I think I'd be still daft enough to go and get one though.

spoons

Quote Originally Posted by PIMM View Post
    Cheers Steve oh and Merry Christmas to you both
    Merry Christmas Heath

4 years is a long time to keep a car
    To be honest, its way longer than any car I've ever had....
    ....but as long as you are not bored of it then keep what you have already
    I can also honestly say that I'm not bored of it either... its kept me really entertained.... but I dont like keeping cars over 3 years, due to diminishing reliability issues.
    Do you have your heart set on a Insignia ?? why not buy something totally diifferent
    Yeah, but what.... the only other car thats caught my eye is.... wait for it.... the BMW 530D ... and no... I'm not just copying you, its been on my list for a while.... I very much doubt I would ever go back to a Vectra once I'm in one of those... could be wrong... but I doubt it.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

October 2008 is tricky. Early production cars, premium prices for a new model and the model you want not available.

Bit easier for me.

There's no way I'm gonna run my CDTI beyond it's third birthday. (April 2009)
    The costs of failed parts are scandalous IMO

Around Feb. 2009 I'll be into the dealers to order the Insignia in SRI form in whatever version of black they have at the time. Hopefully I'll have racked up enough points on my GM card to ease the pain of the initial depreciation and there will be some discount on the partners scheme.

The only decision I've yet to make is what engine.

Sorry that doesn't really help but it's nailed down plan my nicely.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

BMW 530D does sound nice. I was looking at a few on Autotrader earlier. Trouble is everything around the 2003/2004 (£11k-£13k) seems to have done blalistic mileage. Also the eariler ones are around 218bhp. The newer ones have more horses, but that could soon be fixed with a remap.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information