Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Eek Alloys Damaged

I have said on an earlier thread that I had a spring go and I have now got my motor back. Back in a worse state than when it went into the stealers!!!

On picking the car up I notice that the nearside alloy ws badley scratched on two areas and of course the stealers are taking no responsibility for it.

I argued that the wheels were not like that etc etc when it went in, but his answer was ----- and wait for this-----------I can see the rusty marks on the scratches that indicate that the damage was done some time ago I said to him: are you having a laugh, the wheels are made from an alloy-doh. Thats why they call them alloys and aluminium does not rust, at least it never in my experience. Bottom line is they have to speak to the fitter today and he will be asked if he damaged them-doh. Guess what the answer will be? Answers on a post card to kenny please.

Seriously, what chance have I got to prove it was them? By the way they did admit to taking it out to road test it, after saying that the forecourt was all mono blocked and therefor could not have been curbed!!!! I of course did metion the obvious that it could have been curbed or whatever when it was out doing the test run. Why do we have to put up with sh*t.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Estate

Trim : Elite

Engine : 1.9 CDTi

I think if I ever put mine in I'll get them to sign a form like you do when you hire a car.. That way they can't worm out of it.. Hope you get it sorted m8.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Unfortunately, I do not see how you can prove it, and if they are anything like my old dealers then they will not be remotely interested!

I had a similar occurance when I bought my Vectra, soon afterwards it then needed its first MOT. I took it back to them and they failed it with a damaged tyre. I argured until I was blue in the face that I had never driven down any potholes or up any curbs but they ignored all that. In the end I had to pay for a new tyre (which they did not balance properly but that is another saga). The bottom line is that the dealer sold the car with an MOT failure tyre but there was no way to prove this. I changed dealers.

I dont think there is anyway that you can get them to admit the fault unless you can either prove it or you go in there and make a major nuisance of yourself and see what happens. If they were a good dealer they would hold their hands up and say sorry. As you say, it is sh*t we should not have to put up with. Good luck.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I sympathise mate. Some people just do not take care, some people, like all of us, just make the odd mistake but getting people to admit anything is well difficult, ni on impossible. Hope you get it fixed ok. I had a bad experience at Curtis Motors in Dalgety Bay Fife (Scotland) recently when having a tyre replaced. The wheel was well damaged during the tyre change. Needless to say I do not recommend them now.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well I got a result. They are not admitting responsibility, but will repair the wheel FOC. That must be a result against the big boys eh.

I will await the repair and report back on the job done.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well, in my experience getting a dealer to fix anything like that FOC is admitting liability. Well done.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

KC, you mention test drive's and that pi$$es me off. I once had a leak in the boot not literally but you know what i mean. I arrived early to pick the car up and i was told it was on a test drive OMG what for ?? 4 years ago there were not many GSI's around and at my local stealers i reckon they used to line up at taking my car out for a TEST DRIVE just so they could say they have been in a GSi. Takes the pi$$

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by PIMM View Post
    KC, you mention test drive's and that pi$$es me off. I once had a leak in the boot not literally but you know what i mean. I arrived early to pick the car up and i was told it was on a test drive OMG what for ?? 4 years ago there were not many GSI's around and at my local stealers i reckon they used to line up at taking my car out for a TEST DRIVE just so they could say they have been in a GSi. Takes the pi$$
    What! I would have run the riot act with them. I always check my mileage as I believe that they were using some of the cars that went in for servicing etc to run other people to their works/homes. I would not tolerate this misuse of my motor and If I could prove it I would demand petrol etc etc.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I left my car in last week to get work done after lifting i i noticed i said 36.2 mpg on the dash i average 42 so i thought i'd check my garmin sat nav and it said the car had been traveling at 91.6 mph!!!!! I'm sure they can check my car over after the work without revving the tits of it

Thread Information