MAY

12, 13, 14 - Opel Drivers Show, Gent, Belgium

JUNE
    4 - Perfomance Vauxhall Show - Santa Pod

JULY
    7, 8, 9 - Billing All Vauxhall Rally, Billing AquaDrome

AUGUST
    TBC All Vectra National Weekend / BBQ - Billing Aquadrome
    18-21 - Multiclub trip to Nurburing, Germany (vectra 2.0T)

SEPTEMBER
    3 - TRAX - Silverstone

Events with no Dates yet
    LMF Open Day
    Lotus Factory Tour
    Ellesmere Port Factory Tour
    Track/Race Day - East Mids region
    Drag Racing - York and Santa Pod.
    Lots of regional shows (see RO's)

Other dates are being added when i can find things to fill the months, so if you know of an event or something you would like to do, please let me or your RO know.

Billing
    A slight problem with Billing next year. In order to have a display you need to be an associate member of the VBOA, who run the show. In order to gain membership, you need to have had paying members for at least 12 months, and all associated insurances etc etc. The problem is, 1) we don’t charge members, 2) Even if we did we wouldn’t qualify for next years show. They used to allow a limited space for guest clubs, but I need this confirming. This information is what ive picked up from other clubs trying to gain membership and I havent had this confirmed from the VBOA myself yet.
    What we are hoping to do is attend Billing anyway but I will try and reserve us and area at the side of the show where we can camp etc. If you want to polish up your cars and arrange them in a nice way then that’s your perogative, but it wont be an 'offical' display…If you get my drift

All Vectra National Weekend is an idea for a national weekend meet for All Vectra Clubs at Billing Aquadrome where camping /hotel facilities are available and will be held sat am to sunday pm. We'll have a Big BBQ and organise some inter-club fun games for all the family. The event will also hold a Best Kept Car competition.
    All ideas at the minute but we are working up some details with the other Vectra Clubs and will keep you up to date.

Next Years Events
    Next year we will operate events a little different. Instead of me taking indiviudal bookings from every member, I will ask each RO to organise their region and make a 'regional application' for tickets. eg, in the case of East mids, Phil will collect all cash from his regional members and make an appication for eg 10 east mids members. I will then send tickets to Phil to distribute.
    Obviously members who are not in a region can still obtain tickets direct from me, but im hoping it will encourage members to join their local region.

Norfolk 'n Good Drives : Signum 3.0 CDTi BHP : 229.8 Torque 344.9lb
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The Lotus tour was aiming for March & roll on 18th August!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Are astra sport planning on going mate? Its not my Event but maybe a joint trip would be good?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Slight amendment to the National weekend, which i feel will improve it massively.

We have opened it up to other Vectra Clubs and will become a joint effort, rather than just vec-c

So far VVOC have confirmed that they are system go and pretty excited about it and am just waiting to hear back from Vectra-sport.

The basic principle of the weekend stays the same, a family weekend for the whole family, with some (inter club) games for everyone and a Shiny shiny car competition with classes for both B's and C's

Its now more than likely going to be held at Billing Aquadrome, again in August and I am just negotiating our own paddock to be reserved for the event.

Thread Information