Thread: evans halshaw arghhh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default evans halshaw arghhh

bought a vec c from evans halshaw 3 weeks ago for £4550,left a deposit of £50 to take it off sale, refundable on completion. so i paid the agreed price of £4550 and was told my £50 holding fee would be refunded as soon as.
    3 weeks later i still havnt got it, i phone up at least twice a week asking what is going on and have been given loads of stupid reasons why i havnt got it back from,woman that issues has been off,to it has to be issued from head office only.
    phoned again this monday gone and was told it would be in my bank by thursday (tomorrow) i dont think its going to happen though and its getting me more and more wound up everytime i have to phone.

also the car was supposed to be serviced for my collection and after reading some posts on here about EVANS HALSHAW i decided to check and what i found was a manky air and pollen filter and black oil.
    so when i asked about this i was told it has had a interim service only just the oil and filter change.
    cant belive how they are penny pinching, keeping my deposit of £50 and not even changing basic cheap items for a service.
    Last edited by mac12; 5th December 2007 at 20:31. Reason: added

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : Astra gtc vxr

Engine : 2.0 turbo

Year : 2014

sounds just typical of evans halshaw service mate, i passed by my local branch tonight and they have big sign up looking for technicians so im assuming they just take anyone on whether they are vauxhall trained or not,hope you get yer money back mate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I got my 2.2 direct from Evans Halshaw and had a few problems with it. Their service people couldn't care less.

Bought the SRi from Taggarts - got great service and a bottle of whisky when i picked it up!

Went in today to book car in to get the radio interference checked and they offered to take it in tomorrow - if it was Evans Halshaw, or Peter's as it's known now they would just fob me off saying they are booked for months to come.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : Astra gtc vxr

Engine : 2.0 turbo

Year : 2014

unfortunately tam we in south lanarkshire dont have a good main dealer to sort out any probs i use my local independant autovaux for servicing etc but he doesnt do warranty work

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Bainie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I had a similar experiance with Evans halshaw a few months ago, put a £500 deposit on a car, 2 weeks later they got it in and it wasn`t as advertised so I said give me back my dosh you useless gits, they promised they would get me the car I wanted but it didn`t happen, took another 2 weeks to get my cash back, accounts are closed , manager is out , etc etc etc ....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i have been to my local county court today and i have got a claim form, so if its not in my account tomorrow i will register the claim and let the court deal with it.
    worst service i have ever experienced in my 16 years of driving,i have paid out already for the oil,filter,air and pollen filter so theres noway im letting it drop.
    thinking of writing to watchdog about the servicing at EVANS HALSHAW (if it will do any good) because theres no way anything had been done,the oil was black and not a freshly serviced oil.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

well what a surprise no deposit back today so i registered the claim with the county court so they should be getting the courts letters from now on. what a bunch of penny pinching amateurs, i only hope this serves as a warning to anyone else unfortunate enough to buy or have a car serviced/repaired by evans halshaw.
    if anyone uses evans halshaw in wigan then check to make sure the work you are paying for is really being done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I got my Astra from there 3 years ago (Stockport) and the service department are useless. 5 attempts at fixing the back door that wouldn't open, still wasn't fixed when I got rid of it. They couldn't get the petrol gauge to work, even after 3 attempts. Screwed up my MOT. 4 to 6 week waiting time for a courtesy car. I could go on. I got my Veccy from Victoria in Leigh, I haven had to book it in for anything yet, hopefully they will be better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Evans halshaw customer service well any sort of service is extremely poor, i should i know i worked for them for a year. Would never work for them ever again

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Stay clear of Evans Halshaw, I had the same issues my self with the regarding the service of my car when i bought it from them. They fobed me off saying it was an interm service, but they did'nt even change the oil!!

Keep at them, if you can call their head office. Wonder if you can refuse the car because the service has not been done, ie breach of contract?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information