0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down DVLA sells your details

The Government is selling the names and home addresses of motorists on its drivers' database to convicted criminals, a Mail on Sunday investigation has revealed.

The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) tells would-be wheel-clampers there is "no problem" with them buying drivers' home addresses - even if they have a criminal record.

Indeed, the two bosses of one clamping firm on the list of companies to whom the DVLA is happy to sell drivers' details are currently serving seven years' jail between them for extorting money from motorists.

The Mail on Sunday has now forced the DVLA to hand over its list of 157 firms which can buy personal information about drivers at £2.50 a time. All the companies need do is tap in a registration plate, and back comes the full name and address of the vehicle's owners.

The dossier shows that details of millions of drivers have been made available to bailiffs, credit control companies, debt collection agencies, property management firms, leisure centres, solicitors - and even one of the world's biggest loan and financial services companies.

A number of other companies on the list appear to be dissolved or simply not to exist.

The revelations, which suggest that the DVLA is in flagrant breach of data protection laws, last night caused a storm of protest, with MPs demanding an immediate end to the practice.

Even the Government's own Department for Constitutional Affairs, which runs the English courts system, said it thought selling the information was illegal.

The DVLA - run by the Department for Transport - says it has a legal obligation to sell the information to anyone who can show "reasonable cause" for having it, such as approved car-park operators who want to trace drivers who have overstayed and incurred a fine.

List of all 157 firms

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

Here is the link to the complete story (would have copied and pasted but a long story but worth a read)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

Yet again the motorist is being screwed over....

This is possibly a bold statement and possibly a little cheeky but i would like to start a online petition but if im honest im not sure how to go about it…. My original thought was to build a very basic site using my web space with my ISP and a lot of reading as I have no idea on how to build a site.

If anyone has any ideas on how to do this then I would be more than happy to take there advise.

Would the site be willing to help with something like this as it could effect anyone and everyone on the site????

Your thought would be welcome.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once again is the ££signs that our Govt are only interested in, not whats right or wrong. It goes to show how out of touch thet are with real people. If we polled the population 99% would be against it, but do they think about this.

This is a simple idea shown to us by a illegal immigrant living in London. Look at a number plate of a decent, honest person and make a copy and stick it on your car. In a flash no more speeding tickets, park where you want, do want you want, it doesn't cost you a penny. The other person gets all the fines, the aggro, the letters, the court summons, threat of prison and nobody believes him. Absolutely brilliant idea, only don't do something stupid like dealing heroin or you may get caught and it all comes out in the wash. But look at the bright side, you'll be out of jail in 12 months and free to do it all again to some other poor ******.

3 bl***y years it took us to sort out the mess. One of reps cars was cloned in the delightful Borough of Newham in London. The local council wouldnt have it that the car had been cloned and peppered us with court summones for unpaid fines that we knew nothing about. We had to re-reg the car to get out the circle and we got a letter off the police 3 years later saying that " new evidence has come to light and all charges dropped against you", I sent the london council a copy of the letter with a not so polite letter telling where they can shove their unpaid fines.
    Last edited by SCOTTEX; 27th November 2005 at 20:29.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTEX
    Once again is the ££signs that our Govt are only interested in, not whats right or wrong. It goes to show how out of touch thet are with real people. If we polled the population 99% would be against it, but do they think about this.
    Exactly mate,

Cash is all they want. The legitimate motorist is ripped off diabolically in UK, they don't care about the illegal drivers - too difficult to track - costs money. Easier to fine (tax) the honest people driving to work.

The whole country is a shambles, this principle of nailing the innocent is the backbone of how we are governed now. It's better to be a criminal, layabout or thug now as you receive more support from the state.

I maybe wrong but I cannot think of 1 thing the govt has done that has not been a total calamity.

If you set out to screw things up totally you could not have done a better job.

Thread Information