Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thumbs up My local Vx dealer Customer Service

Following on from this thread, I'd just like to, once again, sing the praises of my local Vx dealer.

My battery, I reckoned, has had a problem for a while as the car hasn't started on several occasions since earlier this year. This has been after doing things like having the doors open and cleaning the inside of the car - the interior lights being on have drained enough power from the battery for it not to start the car. Therefore faffing about with jump leads - one occasion while out and about so had to find a willing car driver to help!

The last time it did this I suddenly remembered that the battery has a green condition light, and this was out. Spoke to my dealer who said that it may indicate a fault but they would need to test the battery with their tester to see. Okay, I thought, I'll book it in one day that's convenient as there a few little bits 'n' bobs I wanted looked at as well. I was planning to book it in for next week as I wanted the battery sorted before winter really sets in.

Parked the car in the garage on Tuesday evening, it stayed there all day yesterday and I went out today about 4pm to do some errands. Car wouldn't start (as it has been really cold) - bollox I thought. Rang my dealer but the person I wanted to talk to was tied up with a phone call so I left a message (I wanted to see if they could sort me out with a test and new battery today). Went off and did one errand that I could walk to.

Came back and tried to find someone that I could get a jump start from, no neighbours around, no wife around - nobody!! So I thought I may as well get the car out of the garage. Had to push it out backwards and a slight but-clenching moment as the back wheels got onto the slight slope and I needed to zip down the side of the car and get into it to pull the handbrake on before it headed out into the road!!

Still waiting for a neighbour etc. to turn up - nobody. Rang garage again - guy still stuck on the phone. Left mesage again. Neighbour (who we get on really well with) turned up and got a jump start. Headed straight for dealer. Got there about 5:05pm - mechanics normally finish at 5pm! Got the guy that I had been trying to get hold of on the phone, explained what had happened. he grabbed a mechanic as he was getting ready to leave (I bet he loved me!! LOL) and got him to do a battery test on the car. Battery needed replaced , so they swapped it over and I was all sorted. And the fact that it was covered under the three year warranty was even better!!

So I got all my errands done and dropped off a bottle of wine to my neighbour as a thank you (especially as this wasn't the first time that they've given me a jump start!)

All I can say is that I'm glad I went to pop out for some errands today and discovered the problem then, and not at 6:30 tomorrow morning when I was heading out for a Business Breakfast that I'm going to, glad that I've got a really great Vx dealer locally and glad that we've got such good neighbours!!

Edit: Jeez, that is a long post isn't it!

D

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : VX-Line

Engine : BiTurbo

Year : 2014

Refreshing change that Duncan!!

Paul.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

my dealer would try and find some excuse for not replacing it.glad you got it sorted duncan

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Anyone had any experience of perrys in barnsley? I bought my car from them as i was fed up with the service at perrys rotherham, not needed to try barnsley for anything yet, but i'm hoping they'll be a lot better than rotherham.

Thread Information