Thread: Irmscher Suspension Kit

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Irmscher Suspension Kit

I thought i'd start this thread, as the handling section has no posts and I know duncan has recently had the full irmscher suspension kit fitted to his signum. Hopefully when duncan is back from bonnie scotland he might take a few pics and give us a review of the kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Had the full Irmscher suspension pack fitted to me Signum straight away. Always liked lowered cars (Vauxhall or not), and the more sporty ride. Can be a little bumpy on the roads round here as their condition poor to say the least, but then I knew that anyway as my Vec B was lowered too
    No probs with grounding the exhaust on all the sleeping policemen round here, but the camber on the road has to be watched for the front lower spoiler (will be resprayed soon with me new wing mirrors).

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Will post some pics /opinion when I get back home. Just relaxing a bit, and popping my head round the door, after this mornings funeral.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Trel
    (will be resprayed soon with me new wing mirrors).
    you love your mirrors on your wings don't you trel??

Watch the truck pull on youtube --http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjGfVxXov1E

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Right, my verdict on the Irmscher suspension kit.....

I had been umming and aahing on getting the Irmscher kit (springs and dampers) fitted to my Signum, partly because of the cost of the stuff and because I was uncertain what gains I would get and how much of a harsher ride, if any!

My reason for wanting to change the suspension was because I wanted to tighten up the handling of the car as it rolled and pitched a bit too much for my liking when being pushed.

After getting a really good deal from my dealer, for parts and fitting, I got them fitted back in March.

After fitting, I took the car for a spin to see what the result was.

Verdict???......

Wow!!! - completely transformed the handling, feel and feedback of the car. Going round corners - much less rolling left and right, car stays much more level, no wheels struggling to keep their place on the road - just nice and firm. Taking it round a roundabout it just keeps it's line nicely.

The ride is noticeably firmer - as expected - but is fine on motorways etc. for comfort. It is a bit unforgiving of bad road surfaces and bumpy roads - but only when I'm giving a bit of what for. The ride is a bit harsher then - but on a decent road it is lovely. On long journeys, A roads/motorways, I've had no problem with comfort at all.

The feedback I now get through the steering wheel is so much better. I place the car to go onto a corner and it goes into it, no squirming. It's exactly what I was hoping for - and the 30mm drop makes the car look that bit more aggressive - gives it a nicer stance!!

The car was soo much more fun to drive after the remap - this just finishes it off nicely, giving a much tighter, firmer drive. Love it!!!!! I soooo enjoy driving this car even more now!!!!

After having driven the car for over three months with the new kit, I am still very happy with it. The handling is still great now that it's bedded in. My comments about being unforgiving on bad roads when giving it a bit of what for still stand, but on a decent road it's beautiful and on long motorway/A road journeys it's absolutely fine - no harsh ride.

HTH - any questions, fire away.

D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

duncan how much lower is the car?did you have to have the camber set up?
    the reason i ask i want to lower mine but do i go for the irmscher springs which lower it by 10 to 15 mm £200 plus fitting or do i go for pi or spax which lower it about 30mm £80 to £90 plus fitting.before anybody says about waranty iam not to bothered.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My car went lower by 30mm from Elite spec. The Design spec is already 15mm lower and the Irmscher pack for that would lower it another 10mm (so 25mm in all). So an Elite with the Irmscher pack is actually 5mm lower than the Design with the Irmscher pack. This is on a Signum BTW but I think the SRi is the same i.e. 15mm lower as standard and 10mm extra with the Irmscher kit.

I had a four wheel alignment done as part fo the fitting and they made any adjustments necessary. IIRC the camber can't actually be adjusted - no need to apparantly.

As for which springs - I couldn't advise as I haven't used the PI or Spax (but the PI do have a good name for themselves.)

If your budget allows, I'd get the matched uprated dampers - makes a huge difference. That may make the PI option the one to go for as it will be cheaper.

HTH

D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

hello all , how much was the irmscher suspension kit please??? , i have a vectra b gsi and have just bought the signum elite and noticed it can be a little wobbly when cornering !! . might be an idea to stiffen it a little.but would like to know the cost of just the parts as i can fit myself :-) .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

List price for the full kit (springs and dampers) is £605. LMF sell it for £545 and my dealer matched their price!!

HTH

D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi Andy,
    I am looking at the suspension pack for my Vectra elegance,for the same reason as you,the road holding.
    Did you keep the standard wheels and tyres.
    Mine are 16's on 215/55/16 compared to other cars i have owned,these seem like balloon tyres.Do you think upgrading to 17's will make much difference ?
    Andy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information