User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuel pump - Anyone with access to Vx Tech Docs?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fuel pump - Anyone with access to Vx Tech Docs?

One of the regulars on Z22SE, Benny, tells me that apparently there is a Vx tech document specifying that the fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator on the Z22YH engine are supposed to be replaced together.

Does anyone here have access to these documents who could tell me the document number for this and perhaps its contents please?

Much obliged if you can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What sort of stuff you looking for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Benny on the Z22SE forum told me that he always replaces the high pressure fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator together, and also the pipe between the pump and the fuel rail. He said that there is a Vx tech document that says to do this. Apparently there is some sort of known fault with the Z22YH engine as well, relating to the fuel pump/fuel rail. Not sure exactly what.

My Signum 2.2 Direct is now on it's 4th round of fuel pressure failures, it's had 3 new pumps in 23 months and now after another 3 months looks like another pump has failed as I have had 2 fuel pressure collapses in a few days.

I'm looking for any information on why this might he happening repeatedly as my local Vx dealer don't appear to be able to sort it out despite huge amounts of expenditure.

If you can help, I'd appreciate it but I don't have any document numbers hence the need to perform a search

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is a concern with the z22yh and its fuel pressure regulators! they overheat and stick. i have recentley come back from luton (vx academy) where i finished my petrol engine management course and alot of emphasis on the z22yh. we have been told that it is a known concern on these but as usual no remedy yet. the z22yh will run purley on the lift pump in the tank and the reading for that is 3.79bar. if the high pressure pump is u/s then unplug the pressure sensor on the rail and it will still run. i will have a look for any info on your concerns and let u know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jon7278 View Post
    there is a concern with the z22yh and its fuel pressure regulators! they overheat and stick. i have recentley come back from luton (vx academy) where i finished my petrol engine management course and alot of emphasis on the z22yh. we have been told that it is a known concern on these but as usual no remedy yet. the z22yh will run purley on the lift pump in the tank and the reading for that is 3.79bar. if the high pressure pump is u/s then unplug the pressure sensor on the rail and it will still run. i will have a look for any info on your concerns and let u know.
    Fascinating information, thanks very much for that, it's the first independent confirmation I have that there is a problem of this nature. Since two of my failures have occurred when the engine was running hot and not getting much cooling air due to crawling in traffic this sounds very much like it could be the case.

Yesterday my local dealer told me that they can't fix the problem at present, but to take the car away and try running it on super unleaded to see if it helps. They also have 2 or 3 other cars with the Z22YH engine that are exhibiting the same fault, these are 06 reg whereas mine is a 53 plate. AFAIK the pressure regulator is the only part that hasn't been replaced on mine.

Really appreciate your input, I can now tell the dealer about this and they can approach Vauxhall technical and ask specifically about this problem.

Cheers mate!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Where have all the fuel pump problems gone ?

I follow the correspondence of failing fuel pumps and regulaors on the 2.2 direct injection engine with interest as my fuel regulator went at 14 months / 20,000 miles.

Where have the failures gone ?, no new messages for some time - this would reinforce the suspicion that it is caused by heat build up under the engine cover and the problem which has gone away with the cold weather - will we see a resurgance of the problem in the Spring ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alan.a.lowes@ntlworl View Post
    I follow the correspondence of failing fuel pumps and regulaors on the 2.2 direct injection engine with interest as my fuel regulator went at 14 months / 20,000 miles.

Where have the failures gone ?, no new messages for some time - this would reinforce the suspicion that it is caused by heat build up under the engine cover and the problem which has gone away with the cold weather - will we see a resurgance of the problem in the Spring ?

Not sure about that, last year my problems started in November (fairly cold day) when stuck in traffic for 20 minutes at crawling pace, the car had been repaired in late July, so I got just over 3 months out of a new fuel pump and fuel rail.

My local dealer tells me they can't see any rhyme or reason to the failures. Heat is one aspect, but there may well be others.

I would love to have definitive answers, but somehow I just don't expect one to appear soon. Instead every day I expect that spanner symbol to appear every time I am in slow traffic and after restarting with a hot engine. No chance of trading in the car in the current climate (economic, not meteorological)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Same Issue

I have had the same issue. About 5 months ago I had the my Signum 2.2 Direct into Vauxhall as the EML came on and the car went into limp mode.Vauxhall replaced the high pressure fuel pump and regulator under warranty (it took them two goes).

Last week the EML reared its ugly head and upon checking with my regular mechanic the fault I'm now getting is a fault on the Fuel Rail.

Anyone else had the same turn of events?

I'm now sitting tight until the fault light appears again as it has now gone away.

My main problem is that the car was registered in July and therefore the warranty has now expired!

'I haven’t lost my marbles, they’re in a bag somewhere? .. '
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prior to the purchase of my car in October last year both the high-pressure fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator were changed. To date I have had no problems 5k miles covered hth ……….

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I too have an issue at the moment P1191 fault code.Fuel pump only changed last year What annoys me is that if you own the Z22YH you expect this fault to happen once, but when it is addressed and the 'so-called' improved replacement is fitted, that should be the end of it.To have to fork out £500 a year for pumps is not acceptable in my book and Vauxhall dont seem to be too bothered about the issue

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information