Well with the price of fuel going up by the week and my car not eactly being the most "Ecnomical" ever I think I'm going to start looking for another car of the Diesel variety, still a Vectra of course

I do quite a few miles for work now and it although the car is great fun and I love it to bits! I can't justify the fuel expenses any longer, I get my fuel paid for @ 40p per mile, fiddle the odd mile here and there and I usually have a few pounds left over for myself, but with the fuel prices rising and the V6 being as thirsty as it is it's costing more and more to fill the tank the factors that are currently swaying me are:

The fuel economy
Lower tax bracket
Lower insurance group
The 1.9 CDTi's tuneablility

I love the Vectra and can't think of any other cars in the same range that I'd be as happy driving, touch wood my Vectra has never let me down and for these reasons I'm going to look for a Diesel Vectra

So top of the list is a 1.9CDTi 150, my dad has a one in Exclusiv trim which I drive on occassion and absolutely love!

TBH I may find it hard stepping down to something without leather interior as both my Astra G and my Vectra have had and the leather seats are a real luxury on these cold days! The Vectra, being an Elite V6, is fully equipped with every toy I could ever want, I'll more than likely b PX'ing my Vec in near standard trim as I don't think I'll get anywhere near what I want for mine with all the extras on, I'll be taking my Wheels, suspension and door pins to transfer onto the new model, obviously my grille will be of no use if I go for a facelift (which I quite fancy actually!)

I've had a call off one of my Local Evans Halshaw Vauxhall dealership who have informed me of a special promotion they're having on new and used cars over the weekend, the saleman "booked me in" for 2:00pm on saturday to look round and discuss a possible deal, I also nipped in to another local EH Vaux dealer late last night for a snoop, a couple of nice Vec's caught my eye, a brand new Exclusiv in white for £9999 OTR and a used '54 plate pre-facelift SRi CDTi 120 with full leather for £7,999, I called up about the White Exclusiv this morning but it only has the 1.8 petrol engine, she said I could get a brand new one in white with a 150 CDTi for £11-12k

Obviously these are just initial findings and I hope to do alot of viewing and barterring over the weekend,

Anyones, thoughts/advice/opinions on this are greatly appreciated