Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Exclamation Filter Question

Hi all,

I have a very annoying problem that has just started occuring in which every time I switch my aircon off my windows steam up.

Am I right in thinking the pollen filter may be saturated?

If so the car only had it's first service a month or so ago, so really if the pollen filter needed changing then surely they would have done on the service?

I have my service invoice in front of me which has numerous filters listed on it which have apparently been replaced, so what I need to know is which one (if any) is the pollen filter?

I have listed them below:

Element, Filter 93183412 £7.95
    Element-Air Cleane*T 93172462 £7.00
    Filter Insert Kit*T 93181377 £17.30

If one of them is the pollen filter what are the odds of it becoming saturated in less than a month, taking into account I have only used my aircon about twice a week to keep it ticking over.

Any help is gratefully received

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I don't think theres anything wrong with your car Basil. Most cars will steam up to a degree, even with just the blower on the first notch. Mine does it and its had its first birthday. So did my Sri before this.

Its probably due to the extreme of the cold weather outside and good old fashioned condensation.

The aircon purifies and dries the air which is why it totally demists the car (and some people can complain of dry eyes if youve been in the car a few hours)

i have my air con on all the time as you only save a few mpg, which doesnt really equate to much ££

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    I don't think theres anything wrong with your car Basil. Most cars will steam up to a degree, even with just the blower on the first notch. Mine does it and its had its first birthday. So did my Sri before this.

Its probably due to the extreme of the cold weather outside and good old fashioned condensation.

The aircon purifies and dries the air which is why it totally demists the car (and some people can complain of dry eyes if youve been in the car a few hours)

i have my air con on all the time as you only save a few mpg, which doesnt really equate to much ££
    I see what you're saying Andy but it has literally just started doing it, and as soon as you switch the aircon off every window completely mists up so you cannot see out of it, I had to pull over earlier today on my way back from the dentist, and switch the aircon back on to clear it.

I am sure I read somewhere that when it gets that bad it's like a sign that the pollen filter needs changing, I am hoping someone on here will know what the different filters are listed as so I can find out if vx have charged me for doing it but actually haven't as my dealer has a very bad reputation for 'cutting corners'.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

Could be the water drain for the air con evaporator being blocked. This is the actual cooling part of the air flow, the water content condenses on this unit and runs out the drain, well that's the theory. Check the drain pipe is not blocked

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

just check the filter its under the bonnet in front of the passenger side underneath the plastic trim right under the window just lift up the rubber weather strip along the panel and you will see to cuts in the trim lift them up and it there,two little plastic clips that i think just twist up release the filter
    hope that helps
    steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hello Keith,

This seems normal to me mate, every car I've had with air con does this. When you turn off the ac everything steams up if the windows are shut.

At this time of year there is loads of moisture in the air as well so it makes it worse.

Hope this helps,

Ian

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by ion
    Hello Keith,

This seems normal to me mate, every car I've had with air con does this. When you turn off the ac everything steams up if the windows are shut.

At this time of year there is loads of moisture in the air as well so it makes it worse.

Hope this helps,

Ian
    Hi Ian,

I see your point mate but this is way out of control, I used to get a bit of misting -which is expected with aircon as you rightly say, but I think that I am the victim of my dealers charge but not replace scheme.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I know where your coming from basil and suspect its more than should be expected given the weather, but you say it happened more or less suddenly. Filters don’t just clog up overnight so it would have been a gradual thing. I'd look for a more obvious fault like blocked drainage holes in your bulkhead etc (from leaves etc) or whether your heater is actually blowing air out of all the vents?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    I know where your coming from basil and suspect its more than should be expected given the weather, but you say it happened more or less suddenly. Filters don’t just clog up overnight so it would have been a gradual thing. I'd look for a more obvious fault like blocked drainage holes in your bulkhead etc (from leaves etc) or whether your heater is actually blowing air out of all the vents?

All the blowers are err blowing ,I hear what you're saying about filters not clogging up overnight, and I totally agree, haven't checked the drainage holes yet though...too cold and dark for that.

When I said it's happened suddenly, what I meant was previously if I switched the aircon off then it would only mist up slightly, now it is like driving in thick fog and seeing as how this is the first time for about 3 days I have switched it off I automatically thought it would be the pollen filter as there is a bit of a funny smell too.
    That's why I came on here to enlist the help of those in the know, before I go and call my dealer 'Dick Turpin'

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I assume that your car's not running in recirculate mode...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information