Thread: Ultimate Snub

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Ultimate Snub

As you know last week I broke a fight up in a club, last Thursday another friend of mine was refused entry because of his profession, tonight, which happens to be my birthday bash night, I get refused, so next time you see the door staff getting beat the 5H1T out of do not step in to help, you could say I'm a bit miffed by it all as I know there is an underlying reason for it, aka, clean sweep of old custom, but suffice to say I will NEVER help anyone in a fight again as long as I breath the air, I've long had a theory that these boneheads cause more hassle than their worth given the amount of ppl who get in my car appearing perfectly coherant having been slung out for being to drunk and the got any ID routine, it all hurts me as I believe ppl are giving up on going out cos it's too much hassle, tonight fair play lost a mate, the ppl who are supposed to ensure a good night out let me down badly, if they had any guts they would've told me the real reason, but they did not and my money will go elsewhere from now on.

The salvaging point of the night was my mate arriving in the place i went eventually, we had a few and did the ruby afterwads and it was all 100%, saved my birthday imo, good on ya Rich

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have found door staff vary MASSIVELY depending on where you are. Up here the staff between Newcastle and Sunderland are worlds apart. My sister and her other half are both door staff in Leeds, and they complain like mad about the new systems they are forced to follow.

I know I won't jump in anymore, it just causes grief as certain staff remember you as "the one that was fighting last week", not " the one that stopped me being hit last week"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i have worked the doors in belfast for 10 years,and have massive respect for most doormen.
    i was out in another town in n.ireland(carrickfergus)with a few friends just going for a couple of pints.they refused tolet me in came ip with some excuse that it was collered shirts only,i told him that i had heard all the excuses for not letting people in(no trainers,no tatoos etc)and he should hire doormen who could possibly handle the bigger person instead of hiring spinless 5H1TS like himself.
    what does a big fella have to do just to go and have a few pints with some mates.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Audi Q7

Trim : S-Line Plus 245

Engine : 3.0 TDV6

Year : 2013

Mileage : 3023

Ive done a lot of door work in my time... I cant speak for the people working on the doors near you VV but if your given instructions to keep certain groups of people or certain individuals out then you do it otherwise you get grief..

I know where your coming from.. Ive done the same a few times myself, Helped out a some doorstaff in the past who where getting a hiding and got no thanks or anything for helping.. These sort of boneheads just do the job because it makes them feel BIG and they think its great to tell people they are "bouncers" and were a Badge and an earpeice.. Trouble is if they were anygood at their jobs they wouldnt need helping in the first place..

Happy Birthday For Yesterday..!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Pete View Post
    Ive done a lot of door work in my time... I cant speak for the people working on the doors near you VV but if your given instructions to keep certain groups of people or certain individuals out then you do it otherwise you get grief..

I know where your coming from.. Ive done the same a few times myself, Helped out a some doorstaff in the past who where getting a hiding and got no thanks or anything for helping.. These sort of boneheads just do the job because it makes them feel BIG and they think its great to tell people they are "bouncers" and were a Badge and an earpeice.. Trouble is if they were anygood at their jobs they wouldnt need helping in the first place..

Happy Birthday For Yesterday..!
    I used to know virtually everyone on the door locally, and we had some great guy's, no fear in them, let almost anyone in and remove them just as quick if they played up, I respect the orders thing, and thats exactly what happened last night, only the order giver chose to stay out of sight until well after the time we'd be coming in, I have no gripe with the lads who had to refuse me, one even saved me a few months ago when there was some knob from out of town trying to terrorise ppl with name dropping, by the end of the night he was having a go at two fella's having a quiet drink and I could hold myself back no more, luckily the door guy was watching it and was right behind me and caught my arm in midflight, told me to go, which I did, and at a later date said to me...I had to tell you to go so I didn't have reason to ban you, he knows he's got my mutual respect and I've told him I would never go against his wishes, the lads where I eventually ended up have always been top notch as well, never get asked for ID by them and left alone to enjoy myself, infact I think I had a better night there than if I'd been allowed in my regular tbh.

I was 44 yesterday, I'm getting too old for this 5h1t

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

So sorry to hear about your nite Vv, where was it you went? i can have a word with my bro he works for Scandals and knows most of the door staff and management.
    I have to admit though and it has been noticed things have changed in Pompey reference door staff and attitudes. Things jus are not the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Do they still ask you for ID at 44 VV? You must have a proper baby face

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I got refused entry to a club, because I "had been fighting" the weekend before...?
    Yes I was..I was the copper who attended the call about some drunken idiots fighting with doorstaff!
    He did let me in but he took some convincing...not the sharpest tool in the shed!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Having worked the doors for many years, i chose to pack it all in, mainly due to the f**kwits that put the tie and the earpiece on who believed they were hard as nails, and started more fights than they could handle.

Still miss the job, used to be a good laugh and a cheap night out, with very few fights. Nowadays, you couldn't pay me enough...

Happy brthday for yesterday mate, glad it worked out in the end. Just a shame a few mindless tw4ts put a black mark on it for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Marty J CDTI View Post
    So sorry to hear about your nite Vv, where was it you went? i can have a word with my bro he works for Scandals and knows most of the door staff and management.
    I have to admit though and it has been noticed things have changed in Pompey reference door staff and attitudes. Things jus are not the same.
    Na, not Scandals Marty, I'd rather not say where tbh, but it isn't hard to work out which area.

Quote Originally Posted by mark1319 View Post
    Do they still ask you for ID at 44 VV? You must have a proper baby face
    Yer granny would get frisked and ID'd here Mark, I think it causes more than it prevents tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by stusdc View Post
    Having worked the doors for many years, i chose to pack it all in, mainly due to the f**kwits that put the tie and the earpiece on who believed they were hard as nails, and started more fights than they could handle.

Still miss the job, used to be a good laugh and a cheap night out, with very few fights. Nowadays, you couldn't pay me enough...

Happy brthday for yesterday mate, glad it worked out in the end. Just a shame a few mindless tw4ts put a black mark on it for you.
    Thx bud, it all worked out good in the end.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information