Thread: Elephant Insurance again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Elephant Insurance again!

I recently posted about Elephant Insurance having found out that although I paid £28 additional premium for my 19" snowflakes they were not insured and I would receive standard ones in the event of theft etc. Elephant wont insiure optional extras even black paint.

I recieved my modified policy document today and noticed the model name stated Vectra SRI CD.

I called elephant to check what model was insured and was told it was a Vectra SRI CDTI 150

I advised my car was a Vectra SRI 1.9 CDTi NAV XP 2 (2008 model) and the agent went away to check. He returned to advise that they don't have an SRI XP NAV models on the database and I was insured for a standard SRI CDTi model.

I have been told to fax my log book and they are going to discuss with the underwriters.

What is it with this company. Is anyone else insured with an XP NAV or XP NAV 2 model?

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cancel your policy with them and go with a real insurance company. You will have nothing but hassle from them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Dude!

Elephant are cr4p i'm insured with them totally useless at dealing with claims, i had a non fault claim with them and they left it to Albany assiistance including only allowing me to use their own Bodyshop instead of Vauxhall!

My advice look around for someone wh'll insure your Snowflakes they are really top notch wheels matey!

V.51NGH

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If your car is built as an SRi XP 2, the entire factory specification is built into the chassis number, so if any insurance company starts to get funny about it, they have to repair a car back to it's original specification.

A classic case was a customer of mine, his SRi (05 model) had it's 17" wheels stolen.

It was recovered to the dealers and waited to be repaired, 2 weeks later the car was ready to be collected and there it sat with a nice new set of 18" 11 spokes with 225 45 18" tyres, so a few questions were asked.

It turns out that the dealer used the chassis number to establish what type of wheel was fitted in the factory and replaced accordingly.

So it turns out that a naughty dealer had removed the 18's for some reason and fitted 17's off another car.

This was good for him, but other people be aware, if you fit for example 19" wheels and don't declare them and claim it has the wheel upgrade from the factory, it can be established quite easily if it was or was'nt.

I had the same arguement with an insurance company over the wheels on my car, it had the 18" upgrade but the insurance tried to charge more for it.

Pretending to be unmarked Police in my T5...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have declared all my mods to Adrian Flux, and they charged me £24 extra a year to cover them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

We insured a Corsa with Elephant once online declared it had mods & ticked the box for tinted windows. The following year on renewal I spoke to someone on the phone and made sure they were aware of the tinted windows. They came back saying they wold be unable to insure the vehicle with that type of mod so basically the previous year our policy would of been void even though we filled in their website fully & correctly.
    I told them exactly what I thought & made clear I would pass my experience on to others.

Tell them where to go!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by BigMan View Post
    I have declared all my mods to Adrian Flux, and they charged me £24 extra a year to cover them.
    I declared my factory fit body options and they said they just need to be aware but won't add any premium as they're not performance enhancing.
    They also included European road side break down recovery and beat my previous insurers quote aswell Oh and only a £100 excess.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : SRi

Engine : 2.0

Year : 2011

Alot of insurance do the same as Elephant so check your policys, you may not be covered for those extras even tho you are paying for them.

It costs you more as its more nickable in there eyes hence the extra premium.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Does anyone have a link for Adrian flux as I tried to got hold of them last yr to renew with them but never got any joy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information