Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Graeme's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Red face Rolling Road

Had my car on the rollers today with vxlscc. Great day out with loads of quality scottish based motors doing some nice figures..... except mine.

First the guy was reluctant to put on rollers due to it being an auto as it wouldnt hold gears but having a vaux mechanic mate there we promptly told him 'YER Erse ma son' its got easytronic get it on! All went quite well but as it got up to 141.9 bhp and climbing fast they decided to shut it down as the car was about to hit the limiter and they werent sure how it was going to react so thought better safe than sorry. Realised when i got home it was achieved in 4th gear so maybe a change up would have helped! No torque figure due to being auto but they reckon with the way it was climbing and the airbox mods and panel filter it would have done around 150 and easily standard.

Bit dissapointed as they couldnt do me a uni chip as they cant map the car properly being an auto but they are going to look into options including cams etc for me so not all bad and at least i have a starting point.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Serves ya right for being too lazy to get gears

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Bainie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Looks like you were heading for the 150 then mate, What is the uni chip all about then, and was there any other 2.2`s there ? did anyone get a unichip ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

had the same prob here....was showing 160mph at 500rpm in top gear on the auto!

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Graeme's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

the 2.2's that were there did ok. all b's one did 156.8bhp (straight through exhaust and airbox mods) and the other did 154. (airbox mods, chipped, sports cat, panel filter, powerflow). should have been better i think that one. the unichip is a bot like a superchip but involves a live rolling road re map for your particular car. he recconed about 6 - 10 bhp increase.

they had a 2.2 b in that they are fitting new cams, vernier pullys, throttle bodies head work etc so i'm going to pop in again in a few weeks see what sort of figures / cost that achieved.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hmm, a lot of work on the 2.2`s for that kinda figure, makes you think they weren`t near 150 as standard, How much is a unichip, do you know ??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Saab 95

Trim : Vector Sport

Engine : 1.9 TiD

Year : 2007

Tommy, this is what they sent me in a email in July

The Unichip will work on all fuel injected cars and will make a difference to them all. What the Unichip does is it Re-maps your car to optimise the power output of the engine. So it makes no difference if it is a Fiat panda or a Ferrari what we promise is that your car will have as much power as it possibly can safely.

The Unichip costs £245 + Mapping (this varies from dealer to dealer - due to varying overheads, rolling road rates etc, as well as the different time to map each individual car, & any extra's you may want added, such as Water injection, N20, Boost control etc..)

I've taken the liberty of pasting in a semi-standard response, which may help you to learn more about the Unichip & its lesser known functions.

If you drop me your address details, I can put you in touch with your local dealer.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to call on 0845 345 4045, or drop me an email.

Please note that we are authorised dealers for Tein, K & N and Magnex exhausts. Please call for our latest offers.

We also have state of the art digital wheel alignment equipment with full set ups from £40+vat.

Best regards,

Paul Wilkins
    mailtoaul.wilkins@dastek.co.uk

T: 0845-345-4045
    F: 0845-345-4035

www.dastek.co.uk
    As you are probably already aware the Unichip is a piggy back computer, that works in harmony with your standard ECU, it is mapped specifically to your car, and allows the operator to program it exactly to suit the thousands of differences from one car to next, that pre-programmed chips can't take into account, such as cam timing, manufacturing tolerances, different fuel qualities and pressures, and any aftermarket components. Therefore we don't really go in for saying what power increase you will get, instead what we do promise is that at full throttle you will have the maximum power available safely, and at part throttle the car will be as economical as possible. At the end of the day, all any chip or engine management system is doing is to provide the correct amount of fuel in relationship to the amount of air being consumed, and ignite it at the correct time, so provided that they are equally accurate, they should all come out with the same result, providing they are mapped to the individual engine in question by a competent tuner on an accurate dyno. This is where the Unichip wins, as they are not for sale pre-programmed, but mapped to each car by a skilled tuner on a dynamometer, we don't supply Unichips to anyone who doesn't own their own dyno. If at any time in the future, any changes are made i.e. cams, headwork etc. simply pop back into any authorised Unichip dealer, where the Unichip can be remapped to suit.
    The Unichip offers more than just timing and fuel adjustments, we can do more than most sub £1000 race ecu's (this is ECU only, not including mapping costs!), such as launch control, shift lights, variable cam control, full throttle gear changes, nitrous control, ignition correction when nitrous is activated, etc..
    The UNICHIP can be used for the following functions:

Alter ignition timing in a 3D map down to 0.1degree resolution.
    Alter fuel mixture in a 3D map by +-50%.
    Control variable valve timing.
    Control variable induction systems.
    Control turbo wastegate solenoid systems.
    Record maximum boost pressure.
    Record maximum RPM.
    Water injection control.
    Nitrous oxide control.
    Automatic secondary map when water or nitrous is active.
    Automatic switch back to primary map when water or nitrous is low or de-activated
    Road speed governor delimiting.
    Calibration of electronic speedometers.
    Conversion of electronic speedometers from KMH to MPH.
    Drive additional fuel injectors, with variable blend control.
    Launch control.
    Full throttle gear changes.
    Idle speed stabilization.
    Conversion to individual throttle bodies on certain cars.
    Conversion of mechanical injection systems to full 3D fuel & ignition control.
    Conversion from flap type Air Flow meters to less restrictive Hot Film meters.
    Multiple maps to suit different fuels.
    Shift lights
    Alter or implement rev limits
    Alter or implement boost limits

HTH !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks John, are you thinking about it ? Seems a bit expensive, I think I would rather spend £300 on a powerflow for the same gain ? Then go for remap after the zorst is on ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I had a Unichip on my old Citroen and it went tits up and caused no end of grief. The ECU kept shutting the engine off while I was driving along, which I didn't find very amusing! I've still got the replacement unit they sent me, as I never refitted it. Cost me about a grand that bleedin' chip, coz it was £400 for it and a £600 bill from the Citroen dealership for having the car for 3 days trying to track down why the engine kept cutting out!

Thread Information