User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vectrauma Request:Good but fair priced Body shop in Cheshire/Greater Manchester Area?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Vectrauma Request:Good but fair priced Body shop in Cheshire/Greater Manchester Area?

Well my time came for my Vectrauma entry this morning! I was driving to Manchester to drop Ailsa off when I was in a two lane tight road travelling just below 30 and I noticed a car just over the side road give way markings ahead. I passed the car with little but enough space to clear her front bumper and as I passed the driver edged forward and into the side of my car ... oh dear! Anyway long story short ... the young lady was very nice about it and apologised a lot; She called me a few hours later after speaking to her insurance company ... she has a £450 excess and lives in a high crime area so losing her no claims will no her no favours at all. I feel quite sorry for her (it was the street she lives in she was pulling out from and it was quite early) and offered to try and get some reasonable quotes.

So my question is this:
    Does anyone know of any body shops in the Cheshire or Greater Manchester area that do a very good job but don't charge silly money?
    ... and my sub question is ... does anyone have any sort of rough idea as to how much the damage in my pics below might cost?

Cheers!

Dave

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I've used Ben Kilcourse to have some spoilers sprayed in the past matey. They're near Blackley if that's any good to you? http://www.krumble.com/listing/19911...-Kilcourse.htm

I also get trade rates at Pentagon Vauxhall Oldham, if you want me to give them a call and pass on your details? (their bodyshop is in Heywood)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks Alex that would be really good of you if you don't mind. I don't mind travelling a bit if it makes it cheaper for her ... I remember what young driver insurance rates are like

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

PM me your contact details and I'll pass them on.

spoons

Oh no.... Vectrauma gets us all in the end....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : VXR

Engine : 2.8 v6 turbo

Year : 06

http://www.epnbc.gov.uk/business/ret...anisation=1624
    if u dont mind traveling to ellesmere port, m8's garage, does all repairs for lookers and Mercedes dealerships iirc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thats more than £450's worth Dave, you have a bent lower rear door, and the paint on it's own will be more than £200 before it even gets loaded into the gun for ejection, add in the wheel refurb, which most companies seem to disregard anyway and it looks about £1500 worth in total, plus you'll want it done right anyway wont you?

OR

T'cut the scratches out as best you can, use some colour magic to cover the scrapes, and inform her she has to sleep with you at least 20x to work off the debt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by AJA View Post
    PM me your contact details and I'll pass them on.
    Thanks Alex, PM Sent

Quote Originally Posted by mooney View Post
    http://www.epnbc.gov.uk/business/ret...anisation=1624
    if u dont mind traveling to ellesmere port, m8's garage, does all repairs for lookers and Mercedes dealerships iirc
    Thanks Mooney ... Ellesmere port's a little too far for me I think but thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by VauxVeteran View Post
    T'cut the scratches out as best you can, use some colour magic to cover the scrapes, and inform her she has to sleep with you at least 20x to work off the debt
    Not sure Ailsa will agree that's such a good deal but seems to make financial sense to me

Well I've been to two body shops today ... one recommended by the husband (local mechanic) of a lady that works for me and one Alex suggested above. One quoted me £550 with Zero VAT as he isn't VAT registered and the other quoted me £515 including VAT. I have a scuff on the drivers door exterior handle and I asked them both how much (paying separately but done at the same time) to repair it, the first said they would do it for free if he got my business and the second said £25 so I called back the first and he said he would price match the second. So I'm thinking I'll wait to get a quote from Alex's contact at Pentagon and then give her the three quotes (but if Pentagon is a lot more expensive I think I might push for the free handle garage lol).

The costs are only for a wheel refurb (although the second garage said I could ask for a new wheel but I'd prefer to keep the costs down for the poor lass and I'm told it will be as good as new) and also don't include a hire car or anything fancy but mean I'll be without my car for 4 days ... hey ho!

Cheers for all the help advice and contacts everyone

p.s. Steve where do I send off for my membership badge to the Vectrauma club?

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well I called into Pentagon this morning (thanks for the info Alex ) and retail it would cost around £940 to repair but even with substantial discounts he couldn't get close to the prices from the other body shops. What the chap did tell me though which I've never heard before was that the lady that hit me only needs to pay her excess if her car is damaged (and as it happens she only has light scratches on her bumper) so I'll tell her this and I suspect she may want to do it through insurance after all (in which case I'll use Pentagon and get a new wheel too instead of a refurb).

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I think it's commendable you are trying to assist her mate, even though it's her **** up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information