Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Question Facia Adaptor 2005 colour

Can anyone confirm the correct colour single DIN facia adaptor for a 2005 SXi. Vauxhall list 3;- Charcoal, Metallic charcoal & Metallic chrome. One supplied by local stealer is plain charcoal and I'm not sure its the correct colour until daylight tomorrow. For my £37 I also got the wiring loom adaptor from "Quadlock" to Iso plus the inter-adaptor to get 12v switched from the cigar lighter and sidelight pick-up and the convertor from the "BMW" square type aerial to ISO round. Cheers.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It's most likely to be Charcoal Metallic like the SRi as the SXi wasn't that much different in spec....

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cheers Phil, checked it today in daylight and the charcoal is very close but not quite. Been back to the stealer this evening and it would appear to be metallic charcoal. Most of the Astras and Vectras in the showroom looked like CD30's in metallic, although a Meriva was Silver/Titanium. Assume the other 2 colours were offered on Euro cars. They've ordered a Metallic charcoal one, should be in Tues. Will post all the wiring details when I get the Sony Minidisk installed. Point of interest, when I disconnected the CD30 from the "Quadlok" connector, the Time,Date, outside temp still worked ans the unit held all its memories even when it was without power for about 5 mins........So much for the anti-theft.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

the time and date will still work they dont need the headunit to function....

I can confirm (well from my facelift vectra at least) when I removed the CD30 to try my headunit, the time, date, temp and trip computer worked ok.....

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Finally got round to installing my Sony Minidisk player in the Vectra. Facia adaptor was charcoal metallic, did prove to be a little fiddly to fit as the side lugs appeared to be too wide......modded. Think the OE cd30 unit is slightly shorter then DIN E Units as all the harnesses/wiring was a slightly tight fit. God knows what it will be like if I decide to put the steering wheel adaptor in as well. Definite sound improvement over standard. Pleased with the sound quality on OE speakers. Have Infinty's to go in the front but will delay till spring. Thanks for the assistance........

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I put my Sony minidisc player in a couple of weeks back. Sound quality and volume is vastly improved over the CD30, even with factory speakers. I am, however, thinking of changing it again for a make that has a dedicated iPod adaptor i.e. Pioneer or Alpine (leaning toward Pioneer as the latest Alpines have had some bad press). I've got a full 30GB iPod and might as well use it in the car, too!

My only worry is, when I come to sell the car, how do you get the fascia adaptor back out?

Also, is it possible to set the clock without the factory radio? I need to get the manual out, I think!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Unfortunatly i have tried all ways to get the clock changed if you have an after market radio. i have spoken to the techs at the dealers and they cant even do it on the tech 2 so the only way i have thought to do it is to re-connect the factory fit and tune it rds to radio 1. This will change the clock. ( i hope )

As far as sound is concerned i can highly recommend and full speaker change as well. I have a Kenwood head unit and Kenwood componant speakers in the doors this is backed by Dynamat sound deadening which greatly improves the quality as well.
    Last edited by black-sri-150; 19th December 2005 at 23:48.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

That's the conclusion I was coming to: A clock you can't set. What a complete load of cobblers!! The designers should have red-hot pokers stuck up their jacksies for not spotting that!!!

"Ohh, don't worry, I don't have a problem ripping out my ICE install, refitting the OEM radio, inputting a code, tuning it in and waiting for the clock to correct itself every 26 weeks. Thanks for designing the fascia so that it clips into the dash at about 10 different places, as well, meaning it's impossible to remove without a crowbar!"

Halfwits.

Thread Information