Thread: Front suspension noise..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

confused Front suspension noise..

When I drive to fast over speed bumps, there is a clunk - clunk noise from the front of the car. I believe it is from the front suspension.

The noise only occurs when driving over steep speed bumps, and never on other kinds of "bad roads"......

The car is a 10 month`s old 2007 Caravan with sport suspension, 19" snowflakes and 14 tkm on the meter...

Is this noise "normal" due to sport suspension and "low" tires, or is it something that I should get fixed ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Probebly the anti roll bar drop link, unusual though for such low miles. Why not take it back to the dealers?
    Last edited by Dave1.8; 24th October 2007 at 16:47.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

my 52 plate did this from new and never got worse even after 110k

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thank you guys.. Though I am not quite sure what I should do.

Should i just "live with" that little knocking sound, or should I fix it ?
    I have a feeling for never let a mechanic treat my car if it isn’t necessary!

I have had this car for almost a year now, and it is the best car I have ever owned. No fault’s at all...I have never experienced this before. (...It has always been something that has broken or needed treatment).

If the “clunking” sound is normal, and it doesn’t need treatment, maybe I should leave it this way.

Graememk: I don’t quite understand. Do you mean that the sound in your car started when it was brand new, it is still there, but it hasn’t got any worse?

In a couple of weeks I am going to put one the winter tires (205/55-16). Maybe this will tell me if it is the 19" wheels in combination with sport suspension that makes the car a little bit to "hard" driving over those speed bumps..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi
    My Vectra is a 06 model (Caravan 1,9CDTI, 150hp) with 18" rims and lowered with Eibach springs. It does not make any sounds from the front-suspension (after I seated the springs correctly). , and there should be no noise of any kind from the suspension when all is ok.

I would guess that it is either the springs that move abit, a defective bushing or as Dave1.8 suggests; the anti roll-bar.

The fastest solution is probably to take it back to the dealer and claim a warranty-fix.

RJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Hirobofly View Post
    Hi
    My Vectra is a 06 model (Caravan 1,9CDTI, 150hp) with 18" rims and lowered with Eibach springs. It does not make any sounds from the front-suspension (after I seated the springs correctly). , and there should be no noise of any kind from the suspension when all is ok.

I would guess that it is either the springs that move abit, a defective bushing or as Dave1.8 suggests; the anti roll-bar.

The fastest solution is probably to take it back to the dealer and claim a warranty-fix.

RJ

Thank You. In a month or so it is due for the first service. I will then tell them to locate and fix the problem....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by baard View Post
    Thank you guys.. Though I am not quite sure what I should do.

Should i just "live with" that little knocking sound, or should I fix it ?
    I have a feeling for never let a mechanic treat my car if it isn’t necessary!

I have had this car for almost a year now, and it is the best car I have ever owned. No fault’s at all...I have never experienced this before. (...It has always been something that has broken or needed treatment).

If the “clunking” sound is normal, and it doesn’t need treatment, maybe I should leave it this way.

Graememk: I don’t quite understand. Do you mean that the sound in your car started when it was brand new, it is still there, but it hasn’t got any worse?

In a couple of weeks I am going to put one the winter tires (205/55-16). Maybe this will tell me if it is the 19" wheels in combination with sport suspension that makes the car a little bit to "hard" driving over those speed bumps..
    Well, well, well...: The Winter Tyres is no one....no knocking sound - it’s all gone (not by the wind but by the tires). The car feels totally different. Soft and quiet. Not so good looking though!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My 56 plate SRI did the same put it in the dealers and they sorted under warranty........... never found out what it was ??

Thread Information