Thread: Insurance claim issue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Insurance claim issue

I was hit whilst stationary in July 2007. The car drove off and i got the car reg make and model and also a description of the driver.
    Phoned the police to report a hit and run, they go around the persons house who surprise doesent know anything about it and doesent match my description BUT the police confirm there car has been in a motor collision identical to that i had described.

So the police man says go thru my insurance as i have seen the owners documents and it will be sorted out!

Well it hasnt the cars been repaired and i sold it in september, i had to pay my excess but was assured that once the dealings were sorted id get that back.

So October time insurance is due on the 25th get my renewal and it states 0Ncb and a bloomin high premuim,

Ive lost my NCB for the time being as the other driver isnt responding to letters nor phone calls to send their details in, the police have been back around and the woman who owns the car and she doesent know who was driving and doesent know the woman from the CCTV that i ensured the police got as she left a shop before driving in to me.

What the hell can i do, i feel like i should cancel my policy and drive around unisured as ive paid a premuim and getting sweet FA for it bar an increased premuim this coming year and lost excess.

Is a Person insured or is it the vehicle? as thie person who hit me know one knows who it is but obviously if the cars insured im ok i hope £££ wise?
    Also the owner is not sending the documents in so my insurance are saying this probably means she hasnt got insurance so ill lose my NCB totally along with my Excess

Need some tips and ideas people as it really is stressing me out as its money i cant afford with a wedding and house on the horizon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Did the police not investigate it at all?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well depends what is meant by investigating, if that means following up what i have told them.

They have said they will see if the can publish the Efit of this woman along with CCTV pics to see who this woman was who drove the car. theyve implied the house where the car is from is a druggies place so anyone couild of drove the car and the owner may not of known

Im so infuriated as im well out of pocket and my insurance dont give a toss as theyve had their money but off me

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If you reported to the police within 24 hours of the collision, they should have sent a S.172 notice to the registered keeper of the vehicle. The owner would then have to ID the driver within 28 days or risk prosecution.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i reported it within 25mins :P
    they went round the following morning, so about 16hrs.

my insurance have sent numerous letters and phone calls and are now threatening proceedings but had nothing back, The police are quiet hard to get hold of as i spose this isnt their biggest issue atm.

Im losing patience and im quiet a laid back bloke but this is taking the mikky both out of my bank balance and the reason i pay insurance in the 1st place

Combination of Preston and Oxfordshire...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

What insurance company are you with mate?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Bell,
    the inital phase was really quick 6 days and my car was in for repairs. but this has now been dragging on since July. I spose the woman not sending her details is the major problem but surely the police can sort that out

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

its the kind of thing that tempts otherwise law abiding motorists into sorting it out so that car is off the road for good. Got to be on your mind unless your a saint. Makes my blood boil, the more you stick to the law the less help you get if something goes wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I am boiling, BUT with the job i have if i have anything on my CRB or extreme case lost my license id lose my job.

Im about to ring the cop in charge of the case and have a rant and suggest id be better of not insuring a car too as i wouldnt get punished neither

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 05

Yup, it is now a criminal matter so leave it to the police m8. Get on their case and tell them you want something done. Get a solicitors view on it too, did you have Legal Protection on your insurance policy? If so get in touch with them, that's what it's there for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information