Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Insurance rip off

Hi thre folks, anybody out there able to offer some words of wisdom?

On 25th Feb this year my previous car was parked up in the motorway services on the M4, empty car park and some idiot decides to try and reverse his car into the space just behind me. Crunch, he reverses right into my car!

I was sat in the car at the time, but the car was parked, not even any keys in the ignition.

Old chap very apologetic and admits liability, we exchange details by phone later that evening. I report it to my insurance company (royal and sun alliance). 3rd party insurer (Liverpool Victoria) had already admitted liability. My car was repaired and as they had admitted liability I was not even asked to pay my excess. Picked up the car, assumed all sorted and didn't hear any more about it until Saturday morning when my renewall notice came through. It had only risen from about £200 last year to almost £600 this year. Renewall is due this Sunday, 28th Oct.

I phone broker and then R & SA. Apparently the accident has been logged as a fault claim for me simply because my insurance company have not been paid by 3rd party's insurer yet. Apparently Liverpool Victoria said a cheque was in the post on 11th June but it never arrived and now Royal and Sun Alliance have instructed a solicitor to recover the claim.

I went bl**dy mad. Why was I not told of delays, why was I not told claim not finalised. If 3rd party insurer has admited liability why have my premiums tripled.

Help, what can I do? Royal & Sun Alliance say I should pay the renewal premium and when it is all sorted out they will refund the difference, but difference from what, about £550 I expect they will then say. I can't even get any renewal quotes as I will have to declare it as a fault accident and unresolved claim.

Barstewards. I am about to get well and truly ferked and they told me there is nothing I can do about it.

I could probably contact ABI etc etc and complain but all that will take time my renewall is due this Sunday. Only got the bl**dy notice 2 days ago!

Not a happy bunny! I had been banking on about £200 ish, certainly can't find £600 in the next 6 days

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sadly, that seems to be the way they play things. I know of a couple of other people who have been put in the same situation

It's a bit unfair of them not to give you more notice than this though. You should try speaking to a supervisor or manager at R&SA and see if they can sort something out.

Keep it polite though, if you start shouting and swearing they'll probably just give you a f**koff pill....

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

im in exactly the same boat at the moment.
    Except i as hit and the women drove off, so the police are involved got the reg plate but the women is claiming she wasnt driving the car.
    ive lost my Excess and NCB until its resolved if it is not ive lost everything

Mine has gone from £500 to £1400

Hope yours get resolved quikcer than mine has (been going on since July)

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I do sympathise. I had a similar situation a year last August when a kid who was tailgating me lost it when I stopped due to an accident in front of me. I had police witnesses and the kid was given one of the most severe stripping downs by one of the officers. Clear shut case of his fault, his insurance company admitted full liability and everything seemed to be in my favour.

However, my insurance was due the following month and, you guessed it, my premium had gone from 400Quid to nearly 1200 because my insurers had not received payment from the third party. I was told the same that I should pay the premium and I would be re-embursed once the 3rd party payment had been received. I asked how much I would pay once all was settled and they wouldn't say, just advised that my premium would be re-assesed. That was with First Alternative.

I ended up shopping around and the RAC were very understanding, they offered me the same conditions I had with the previous insurer for 400 Quid.

Insurance can be viewed as a form of gambling but where the odds change even after you think you've won.

Regards

Nidge.

Thread Information