Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Baby, it's cold outside!!!!!

Well, I guess that, since I have had to scrape ice off Roger the R**er twice this week , winter must be just around the corner.

Suits us down to the ground out here in the sticks - tramp across the fields with a big axe, chop down a tree (okay, okay, not very eco-friendly, I know ), and come home to this.....................

Yes, you can keep your gas fired central heating, I reckon this could be the cosiest winter ever!!!!

Mark and Cara, if you're still up for a sleepover the night before the Xmas bash, you can spend the night in front of this toasting marshmallows!!! D

(By the way, I am generous with my fire - feel free to right click, 'set as desktop background' and enjoy the virtual warmth............................)

Incidentally, for fear of upsetting any environmentalists out there, I was joking, we don't really go out chopping down trees! (We have a chap to do that for us!!! )
    Last edited by Mrs D; 21st October 2007 at 19:43.

On a Sabbatical
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I notice the cat's bed is in front of the fire Lou. They are going to love this winter too.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

You just cant beat a real fire.

When I was a kid, we had one in my parents old house.

It was my job to get up in the morning and clean out the hearth if it was needed and then light the fire again.

It was a "chore" that I actually enjoyed.

Try asking the kids of today to get up at 07:00am in the morning, tramp outside to the coal bunker for the coal and then light a real fire.....LOL!!!!.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 05

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs D View Post

Incidentally, for fear of upsetting any environmentalists out there, I was joking, we don't really go out chopping down trees! (We have a chap to do that for us!!! )
    I was going to say that they are the strangest trees i've ever seen. They grow square around your way Lou

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 04

Mileage : 000

I thought chris would be able to bring some spare coal from the railway...........

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

must admitt it does look very inviting, is it a open house for all of us to come round and warm up our totts after a long walk

spoons

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs D View Post
    Yes, you can keep your gas fired central heating, I reckon this could be the cosiest winter ever!!!!
    lol - Oh yes the joys of a real log fire........

EXCEPT.... When the house is freezing in the morning and you have to p!ss about trying to get the damn thing to light.... only two firelighters left.... PLEASE WORK !!!....

.... going out for the evening.... come back to a lovely FREEZING HOUSE, cos its gone out !!... cant be bothered to start it up again cos going to bed in 2 hours !!...

..... dodging the spitting embers as they whizz past your ear... looking around to kill it before it burns the house down... !!!

.... having to fill the coal bucket in the p!ssing rain..... back drafts which FILL the living room with acrid soot smoke......

Fookin hell its boiling in here.... why is the one side of my face burning !! - turn the fire down... errr you cant.... open all the windows ..... which lets the spiders in .... and freezes the other side of your face and gives you neck ache !!!

Oh yes.... lovely coal/log fire !! .... and the arguments they can cause !!

It wont be long before your bollocking your kids for 'boosting' the flames so they're coming out the chimney pot !!..... just remember this number..... 999

...and.... have you noticed that your waste paper bins are always empty !!..... and how different things give of different flame colours..... what else can we burn.... mwwahhhhaaahhhaaaa

You get that used to throwing your paper sweet wrappers into the fire after, remember not to do it round your friends houses with gas fires.... cos it dont work the same !!

.... and then there is chimney sweep day !!!..... anything electrical will stop working three days after he leaves due to the build up of soot thrown around your room.... this includes remote controls. remember soot is like sand paper.... grinding away at anything electrical that has a moving part !!... and it gets EVERYWHERE

EDIT: Wish we had one cos they ARE ace !!
    Last edited by spoons; 21st October 2007 at 22:14.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : saab 95

Engine : 2.3t

Year : 2006

Quote Originally Posted by spoons View Post
    lol - Oh yes the joys of a real log fire........

EXCEPT.... When the house is freezing in the morning and you have to p!ss about trying to get the damn thing to light.... only two firelighters left.... PLEASE WORK !!!....

.... going out for the evening.... come back to a lovely FREEZING HOUSE, cos its gone out !!... cant be bothered to start it up again cos going to bed in 2 hours !!...

..... dodging the spitting embers as they whizz past your ear... looking around to kill it before it burns the house down... !!!

.... having to fill the coal bucket in the p!ssing rain..... back drafts which FILL the living room with acrid soot smoke......

Fookin hell its boiling in here.... why is the one side of my face burning !! - turn the fire down... errr you cant.... open all the windows ..... which lets the spiders in .... and freezes the other side of your face and gives you neck ache !!!

Oh yes.... lovely coal/log fire !! .... and the arguments they can cause !!

It wont be long before your bollocking your kids for 'boosting' the flames so they're coming out the chimney pot !!..... just remember this number..... 999

...and.... have you noticed that your waste paper bins are always empty !!..... and how different things give of different flame colours..... what else can we burn.... mwwahhhhaaahhhaaaa

You get that used to throwing your paper sweet wrappers into the fire after, remember not to do it round your friends houses with gas fires.... cos it dont work the same !!

EDIT: Wish we had one cos they ARE ace !!

one good point no 300 quid winter gas bill

spoons

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    one good point no 300 quid winter gas bill
    lol - yes there is that....

Thats what I LOVE about living in the countryside.... everything is back to basics. Its so fulfilling and wonderful...

Living in the city you are fed everything on a plate, and have NO idea how lucky you are to have the services and convenient things around you (even if they do cost the earth !!).

Living in the countryside like Chris and Louise really brings you into a 'fresher' way of living where you really do appreciate stuff more.

I've lived in the city, I've lived in the countryside, and I've lived on the coast line..... I will always return to the countryside. every time !!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Caterman View Post
    I was going to say that they are the strangest trees i've ever seen. They grow square around your way Lou
    My thought exactly...I think the neighbours fence is about to fall down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information