User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Baby, it's cold outside!!!!!

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    .
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default Baby, it's cold outside!!!!!

    Well, I guess that, since I have had to scrape ice off Roger the R**er twice this week , winter must be just around the corner.

    Suits us down to the ground out here in the sticks - tramp across the fields with a big axe, chop down a tree (okay, okay, not very eco-friendly, I know ), and come home to this.....................




    Yes, you can keep your gas fired central heating, I reckon this could be the cosiest winter ever!!!!

    Mark and Cara, if you're still up for a sleepover the night before the Xmas bash, you can spend the night in front of this toasting marshmallows!!! D

    (By the way, I am generous with my fire - feel free to right click, 'set as desktop background' and enjoy the virtual warmth............................)


    Incidentally, for fear of upsetting any environmentalists out there, I was joking, we don't really go out chopping down trees! (We have a chap to do that for us!!! )
    Last edited by Mrs D; 21st October 2007 at 19:43.

  2. #2
    On a Sabbatical
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Failsworth, Manchester
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    I notice the cat's bed is in front of the fire Lou. They are going to love this winter too.

  3. #3
    Regular Member RSV_Ecosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Falkirk, Scotland
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    You just cant beat a real fire.

    When I was a kid, we had one in my parents old house.

    It was my job to get up in the morning and clean out the hearth if it was needed and then light the fire again.

    It was a "chore" that I actually enjoyed.

    Try asking the kids of today to get up at 07:00am in the morning, tramp outside to the coal bunker for the coal and then light a real fire.....LOL!!!!.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Caterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Here, there and every where!
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Signum

    Trim : Elite

    Engine : 3.2 V6

    Year : 05

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs D View Post

    Incidentally, for fear of upsetting any environmentalists out there, I was joking, we don't really go out chopping down trees! (We have a chap to do that for us!!! )
    I was going to say that they are the strangest trees i've ever seen. They grow square around your way Lou

  5. #5
    Ex Vec-C Admin ed taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Looking Through a Camera Lens.
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra Estate

    Trim : Elite

    Engine : 3.2 V6

    Year : 04

    Mileage : 000

    Default

    I thought chris would be able to bring some spare coal from the railway...........

  6. #6
    Regular Member glynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    stevenage, hertfordshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    must admitt it does look very inviting, is it a open house for all of us to come round and warm up our totts after a long walk

  7. #7
    spoons
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs D View Post
    Yes, you can keep your gas fired central heating, I reckon this could be the cosiest winter ever!!!!
    lol - Oh yes the joys of a real log fire........

    EXCEPT.... When the house is freezing in the morning and you have to p!ss about trying to get the damn thing to light.... only two firelighters left.... PLEASE WORK !!!....

    .... going out for the evening.... come back to a lovely FREEZING HOUSE, cos its gone out !!... cant be bothered to start it up again cos going to bed in 2 hours !!...

    ..... dodging the spitting embers as they whizz past your ear... looking around to kill it before it burns the house down... !!!

    .... having to fill the coal bucket in the p!ssing rain..... back drafts which FILL the living room with acrid soot smoke......

    Fookin hell its boiling in here.... why is the one side of my face burning !! - turn the fire down... errr you cant.... open all the windows ..... which lets the spiders in .... and freezes the other side of your face and gives you neck ache !!!

    Oh yes.... lovely coal/log fire !! .... and the arguments they can cause !!

    It wont be long before your bollocking your kids for 'boosting' the flames so they're coming out the chimney pot !!..... just remember this number..... 999

    ...and.... have you noticed that your waste paper bins are always empty !!..... and how different things give of different flame colours..... what else can we burn.... mwwahhhhaaahhhaaaa

    You get that used to throwing your paper sweet wrappers into the fire after, remember not to do it round your friends houses with gas fires.... cos it dont work the same !!

    .... and then there is chimney sweep day !!!..... anything electrical will stop working three days after he leaves due to the build up of soot thrown around your room.... this includes remote controls. remember soot is like sand paper.... grinding away at anything electrical that has a moving part !!... and it gets EVERYWHERE

    EDIT: Wish we had one cos they ARE ace !!
    Last edited by spoons; 21st October 2007 at 22:14.

  8. #8
    Regular Member yorkshireborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Rotherham SouthYorkshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : saab 95


    Engine : 2.3t

    Year : 2006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spoons View Post
    lol - Oh yes the joys of a real log fire........

    EXCEPT.... When the house is freezing in the morning and you have to p!ss about trying to get the damn thing to light.... only two firelighters left.... PLEASE WORK !!!....

    .... going out for the evening.... come back to a lovely FREEZING HOUSE, cos its gone out !!... cant be bothered to start it up again cos going to bed in 2 hours !!...

    ..... dodging the spitting embers as they whizz past your ear... looking around to kill it before it burns the house down... !!!

    .... having to fill the coal bucket in the p!ssing rain..... back drafts which FILL the living room with acrid soot smoke......

    Fookin hell its boiling in here.... why is the one side of my face burning !! - turn the fire down... errr you cant.... open all the windows ..... which lets the spiders in .... and freezes the other side of your face and gives you neck ache !!!

    Oh yes.... lovely coal/log fire !! .... and the arguments they can cause !!

    It wont be long before your bollocking your kids for 'boosting' the flames so they're coming out the chimney pot !!..... just remember this number..... 999

    ...and.... have you noticed that your waste paper bins are always empty !!..... and how different things give of different flame colours..... what else can we burn.... mwwahhhhaaahhhaaaa

    You get that used to throwing your paper sweet wrappers into the fire after, remember not to do it round your friends houses with gas fires.... cos it dont work the same !!

    EDIT: Wish we had one cos they ARE ace !!

    one good point no 300 quid winter gas bill

  9. #9
    spoons
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    one good point no 300 quid winter gas bill
    lol - yes there is that....

    Thats what I LOVE about living in the countryside.... everything is back to basics. Its so fulfilling and wonderful...

    Living in the city you are fed everything on a plate, and have NO idea how lucky you are to have the services and convenient things around you (even if they do cost the earth !!).

    Living in the countryside like Chris and Louise really brings you into a 'fresher' way of living where you really do appreciate stuff more.

    I've lived in the city, I've lived in the countryside, and I've lived on the coast line..... I will always return to the countryside. every time !!

  10. #10
    Regular Member MLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    uk
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caterman View Post
    I was going to say that they are the strangest trees i've ever seen. They grow square around your way Lou
    My thought exactly...I think the neighbours fence is about to fall down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. random cold knock/tick sound when cold - 1.9 cdti
    By valvelift in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18th January 2013, 18:59
  2. smoke at cold cold start
    By azacbr6 in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 5th December 2012, 18:23
  3. baby its cold outside
    By petel in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 19th December 2009, 16:34
  4. my baby
    By julls in forum Quick Photo Album
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 28th October 2008, 19:32
  5. my other baby
    By BIG NEIL in forum General Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 26th November 2007, 22:18

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •