Thread: The Effect

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default The Effect

I'm gonna hit you with a bit of a deep one here, and I'd appreciate it if the thread doesn't degrade down to the gutter, anyway here goes.

The full title is ..... What effect is it having on you?

And the topic is the current state of affairs in this country.

As many of you know I meet a lot of ppl in my job, and one thing that crops up a lot in conversation is migration and 3rd 4th generation migrants, i.e ppl not originating from here but born here.

As you can imagine most of what is said to me is negative towards these ppl, and when you look at the "paranoia facts" it makes you feel like moving on yourself or feeling like you are having the wee taken out of you.

Me myself I've always been able to get along with anyone who is willing to be friends regardless of where they come from, and when I hear the anti chat my mind is split between standing up for these ppl that I know to be ok, and yeah yer right they wanna take over my country and wield the stick at me and my type.

Now as you know there seems to be mass migration over the last 5 yrs or so, but the world has seen this before, it happened in America during the New World phase some 100 yrs ago, and imo it's repeating itself but the benefits system is making it look more sinister this time around.

Anyway, almost everytime the door opens and someone gets in I face another 10 minutes of mobile "Question Time" and it tends to ruin my day, is there anyone else who faces it in a similar way and what effect does it all have on you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

After my night at work last night, (which I cant go into) and subsequent trip to A&E for xrays I cant say much more than I am having serious thoughts about how long I can be the publics punchbag for.
    Society has deteriorated to a low I can hardly understand.
    Last night it was fight the cops or stand and film them on your phone so you can get them doing something wrong.
    I am an unhappy bunny today & think I've had enough!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I had a bit of a night like that last night Sonic, it wasn't directly at me, but there were tons of incident's, including some knob that got run over trying to be Mr cool and leary in front of his mates, luckily for him he sort of got away with it, he rolled over a bonnet and landed hard, by the time I got past the incident he was sitting on a wall, but the good thing about it is he was awoken to a few things, his face had the look of a Man Utd team that had been beaten by a Sunday League side on it, the stark reality of I'm not as hard as I thought I was and the car hurts if it hits you had set in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

In all the years I have been doing my job, (more than a few years!) last night was the worst I have ever experienced, I have bruises in places I didnt know I could bruise....and my arm in a sling!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sonic i dont know how you become injured but id guess it was breaking up a fight or something worse. In my eyes you should be proud to have taken some punches when most would have run. There is scum out there(lots of it now days) and you guys have to deal with it more than most.

Unfortunatly the policeing is not the same as it used to be. I always wanted to be a police officer since i can remember but i dont think its for me now.
    Rules and regs have ruined policeing and there is now alot of ticket happy police officers out there(No good old tickings of anymore)And some fair play cops. And the justice system is so bad it makes the police look like idiots. All of that is resulting in you and the police in general being public enemy number 1 which is understandable.

As for migration the country has changed alot speacially around the london area. Just look at the crime rates and the way the contry has changed over the years. Its a scary place and i for one want to get as far away from london as i can.

Hope you get better soon sonic

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by sonicboom View Post
    In all the years I have been doing my job, (more than a few years!) last night was the worst I have ever experienced, I have bruises in places I didnt know I could bruise....and my arm in a sling!!
    I'm glad you brought this up tbh, because it wouldn't have had anything to do with migrants, just the general selfish attitude of ppl who think they are unaccountable for what they did last night, if you knocked say 30 ppls door out of uniform this morning who were involved in it, I can honestly say 95% of them would say, na not me or be apollogetic towards you, I had it myself a few yrs back with a non payer, I left it until morning and knocked his door, as he opened it I said allo mate I'm the cabby who brought you home last night, before i could say anymore he just replied... how much do I owe you!
    Last edited by VauxVeteran; 21st October 2007 at 15:10.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by sonicboom View Post
    I am an unhappy bunny today & think I've had enough!
    Sonic there are many decent people in this country who appreciate the job you do. Unfortunately due to little or no support from Senior Management/Government and dealing with scum everyday many officers feel the same way you do. All I can say is that this country would be alot worse if it was not for people like you doing a very difficult job each day.

As for migration again the fault lies firmly with the present Government. The softly softly approach is not working. I have no problem with people coming to this country if they can contribute something. Most of the people entering the country today are here to sponge off the system or live a life of crime. This has to be stopped as it is a great drain on our economy, unfortunately for whatever reason the Government seems unable to stop the problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I completely agree, i dont wanna be the politics punchbag either

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : VECTRA C

Trim : SRI

Engine : 2.2

Year : 2006

Quote Originally Posted by VauxVeteran View Post
    As many of you know I meet a lot of ppl in my job, and one thing that crops up a lot in conversation is migration and 3rd 4th generation migrants, i.e ppl not originating from here but born here.
    If you consider that a generation is about 25 years long, then you're going back about 75 to 100 years . That would place about 20+ percent of UK pop in that bracket. Of which ethnic minorites make up less than 2 percent of that figure nationally. Where is this going?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by izonoky View Post
    If you consider that a generation is about 25 years long, then you're going back about 75 to 100 years . That would place about 20+ percent of UK pop in that bracket. Of which ethnic minorites make up less than 2 percent of that figure nationally. Where is this going?
    I'm pointing out that it's not just ppl who have just arrived but the effect it's having on ppl who are now 3 generations here, or to put it another way Indian's etc, they are getting the suspicious eye cast on them now and getting the blame as well, but the ppl blaming them still go for a curry after a night out, the thing ppl don't realise is there are many tribes of Indian and not all of them follow the Koran, and even the ones that do, I'd would say the majority of them just wanna live a life and have no intention of becoming bombers, what we've seen so far has been the work of ppl who had no direction in life and were influenced by others who spout the Koran but get others to do the dirty work, but anyway, if you hear pakis as much as I do you'll understand what I'm trying to say, also I have a lot of them working with me these days and 98% seem nice ppl, 3 of them actually stopped to assist me when I had the accident, and again when I returned to work came and asked how I was etc.

So what my question is, is do you have a similar story and can you see how this makes me feel, I stand defending them, and this upsets others, if I don't defend them I feel I'm letting myself down by allowing ppl to be ignorant to the fact they work hard and put up with incredible amounts of from drunk ppl, and it's the same with the Poles, they to have something to offer but ppl moan about "and quite rightly" about being undercut by them on price, but is this any of their fault, surely the blame lands at the feet of ppl who take advantage of cheap labour doesn't it?

Hope now I've kinda explained it will give you more of a chance to reply to it than before, and as it's the net, things don't always read how they were written.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information