User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: What Will Dealers Think Of Next???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default What Will Dealers Think Of Next???

Today my Ford Tranny went in for a service at a local dealers. It was a frosty morning with an icey windscreen so being in a rush knowing the fleet company would be charged for washer fluid top up wether it needed doing or not I sat there with the screen wash going in attempt to deice the screen.
    Worked treat, three quaters of a bottle later
    So, any way I pick the van up this afternoon and it has had it's, get this, "It's washers bled"!!!!!
    Did they work any better this afternoon then what they did this morning NO!!! and all for the small sum of an additional £1.18.

Well thanks Mr Ford, I'll sleep so much better tonight now knowing my washers have been bled.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

Isn't that extortion or fraud ?? Ie charging for 'work' that clearly either isn't needed or has actually made no difference??

Even though it is only for £1.18 I would be complaining, as I'd not be happy.

And people wonder why I self service and that my car doesn't go anywhere near a garage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

They will think of anything these days , wish i had a heated screen this morning , it was -2c !

its a fantastic bit of kit and im surprised that no other manufacture other than ford fits it , i know they have the patent on it but it can be used renault offer it as an option on the laguna and VW offer it as well on the utterly over hyped and rubbish passat (but will no doubt claim it as thier idea and german engineering is the bestest )

Combination of Preston and Oxfordshire...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I'd never have one personally. I was sat in a Focus once that had it, and as soon as I noticed the heating elements in the glass that's all I could see... Bugged the hell out of me....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

you soon forget they are there , i was forever staring at them in the dark in street lamps , it realy is a cracking bit of kit .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 05

Got a heated screen on my new Transit Connect, can't wait for frosty mornings

Ben, i'd demand to know what the hell they have actually done. As you say it's a small amount BUT what if it was a bigger amount How many cars do they add this on the bill. How much does it all add up to over the year

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Caterman View Post
    Got a heated screen on my new Transit Connect, can't wait for frosty mornings

Ben, i'd demand to know what the hell they have actually done. As you say it's a small amount BUT what if it was a bigger amount How many cars do they add this on the bill. How much does it all add up to over the year
    The little Fiesta I had as a courtesy car had a heated screen. I was driving out of the car park within 2 miutes of starting it. I love em, shame my Connects not got one

As for asking what exactly was envolved I wish I had asked but to be honest I struggled to keep a straight face as it was when he told me so instead I just smiled at him sarcasticly after repeating what he'd said.
    I have to go back first thing this morning as I left something in the courtesy car, I should go in saying what ever you've done to my washers has made them worse. Can you un blead them please
    Had it been my car & me paying the bill I would of been kicking up about it.

Thread Information